Is there a way to delete the carrier installed bookmarks from the default browser? I most definitely do not need a link to web2go, or the other crap they put on there. I read in this thread (ctrl+f bookmarks) that these guys did it with their Rogers phones through ADB shell, but I get a sqlite3: not found when I try it on mine. Anyone have any ideas?
    11-21-2010 11:34 PM
    have you tried ...

Open browser
    Hit Menu
    Select bookmarks
    Long press on the bookmark you want to delete and select delete
    lyndamaynard likes this.
    11-22-2010 09:47 AM
    Or are you talking about the app itself?
    11-22-2010 11:19 PM
    have you tried ...

Open browser
    Hit Menu
    Select bookmarks
    Long press on the bookmark you want to delete and select delete
    Yes, that is the first thing I tried. The carrier-installed bookmarks (web2gohome, Facebook, T-Mobile Store, Yahoo! Mail, CNN and Fox Sports) appear to be protected, and "Delete" is not and option that comes up on the long-press menu on these.
    11-25-2010 03:13 PM
    Yes, that is the first thing I tried. The carrier-installed bookmarks (web2gohome, Facebook, T-Mobile Store, Yahoo! Mail, CNN and Fox Sports) appear to be protected, and "Delete" is not and option that comes up on the long-press menu on these.
    Seriously? I have never heard of the practice of locking bookmarks. Some companies ... SMH

Well if you guys get a custom recovery, and the XML's in the browser apk aren't string locked, I'll look into removing them from it for you guys when/if we release ThundeROM for the Optimus T. Other than that, I don't think you'd be able to remove them in any other way (if my guess is correct on how T-MO "locked" them)
    11-26-2010 07:37 AM
    In case anyone else wanted to do the same, I finally figured this out. It's a total pain in the neck all because T-Mobile felt like locking these down, but this is what I ended up finding that worked: [Q] How to remove preloaded bookmarks in rooted Optimus 1? - xda-developers

Once you get a hold of SQLite Editor and are are to get in and change readonly to 0 on all the protected ones it's smooth sailing, jump in and start deleting them from the browser.
    12-05-2010 04:16 AM
    ...and apparently accidentally booting back to the stock recovery undoes that work and they come back, but I think I can still go back in and just do it again.
    12-05-2010 12:54 PM
    That's kind of confusing to me since i know nothing about the root. I don't want to mess up my phone but I am sick of read only files!!!! HELP ME I have an LG OPTIMUS T
    02-09-2011 08:45 PM
    What i did to remove those bookmarks is downloaded dolphin browser or one of the other browsers and i deleted them through there and now they are gone
    02-13-2011 12:17 PM
    Bookmark Manager (free on the market) can also delete them from the stock browser, no root required.
    fratermus and liaizone like this.
    02-15-2011 08:45 AM
    when/if we release ThundeROM for the Optimus T. Other than that, I don't think you'd be able to remove them in any other way (if my guess is correct on how T-MO "locked" them)
    Release it, bro!
    02-15-2011 01:10 PM
    I did our through skyfire
    04-09-2011 03:56 AM
    I will tell you that michael.ahdett gave us the best info on this issue.
    This is the BEST and EASIEST program for removing those preinstalled bookmarks. It is so easy to use a 4 year old could figure it out.
    So, if you want to get rid of those bookmarks download and install this app.

Paulie
    10-10-2012 08:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD