[MOD] Flashable buildprop edits (stock, stagefright, jit)

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Rooted your phone? Have a custom recovery? Waiting on those lazy bums from Team ThundeROM to produce a version for the Optimus T but still want to mod your phone (P.S. ... were waiting on you!)? No problemo .... Androidcentral has you covered.

You must be rooted and have a custom recovery. This will not work any other way. The links to information posts on how to root and how to install a custom recovery are above. Any questions or issues related to rooting or recovery should be in those threads please :)

How To Use:
1) Download the Zip of the buildprop you'd like to use.
2) Put the zip on the root of your SD card. Do not open the ZIP and do not extract the ZIP.
3) shut your phone off then put it into recovery by holding the volume down + home + Power key until you hit the recovery screen.
4) Select flash ZIP from SD card
5) Select the zip you downloaded and put on your SD card (steps 1 & 2)
6) Confirm you would like to flash the zip, reboot phone after complete

Information:
The stock zip is completely stock buildprop.
The Stagefright zip has only stagefright enabled and hw acceleration.
The Jit zip has only jit enabled.
Deluxe has, yeah you guessed it, stagefright, jit, and hw acceleration.

These edits (the deluxe) will take you from around 450ish quadrant score to around 950ish. And a linpack from 4ish to right around 7.5ish.

Last edited by a moderator:

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
A little before and after

Note: These picture were taken on an Optimus S, but they use the same processor. You can see the dramatic difference these changes make.

Before
quadnohacks3.png
linpacknotjit2.png

After
Quadjitstage2.png
Linpackjit_stage2.png

Last edited:

el.rafael

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
hello,

Great work this has me very excited! Is there any links to installing the custom recovery? I have all hte files on sdcard root but cant figure out how to do the flash recovery! Thanks again :D LG Rockss

noob

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
@KSmithInNY: Which buildprop did you use?

One i had on my PC, I think it was from iamlillysdad before he returned his T but honestly, i have so many files/system dumps i cant keep track anymore :(. I cant open it right now (at work) to check the version but it should be the most recent version from the OTA that introduced wifi calling. Unfortunately, you Optimus-T guys arent big into providing system dumps.

If it's not the most recent, can you hook us up with either just a buildprop at a minimum or maybe an entire sys dump? :)

saymes

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
No, it's not the most recent (I don't have wifi calling). Just tell me what I need to do for a system dump.

I don't understand how the recovery factors in to installing the buildprop. Must I do the recovery before the buildprop?

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
No, it's not the most recent (I don't have wifi calling). Just tell me what I need to do for a system dump.

I don't understand how the recovery factors in to installing the buildprop. Must I do the recovery before the buildprop?

I think theres some confusion...

Just want to be clear, this isn't a ROM. This is a build prop from a system dump. This build prop is from the system dump that introduced wifi calling (the most recent). If you don't have wifi calling, you need to update your system through the carrier. Because this is not a ROM, this won't add wifi calling. The wifi calling is added through an OTA update. You can find a thread discussing said OTA update HERE

The recovery comes into play because LG did not make this, Me and Beezy did. LG recovery will only let you flash something signed by them and because we are not LG, this is not signed by their keys. Thats why you need the custom recovery.

saymes

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. That's clearer now. So I need to update to the latest to be able to use these build props? Then I'll need to re-root?

Before I update, I'd like to do the system dump for you. Just send me some instructions.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
So I need to update to the latest to be able to use these build props? Then I'll need to re-root?

What you'd want to do is update your software then root. The root process works even after the OTA

Before I update, I'd like to do the system dump for you. Just send me some instructions.

What we really really need is a system dump from after the OTA. Iamlillys dad got us one but we want a clean start from someone who just updated. HERE is a link with information on how to do a system dump

asuma06

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I just want to know...I have the LG optimus one (unlocked to any mobile carrier where I live and already rooted)similar to optimus T. will this tweak work on my device? tnx

drellisdee

ROM Developer
Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
What you'd want to do is update your software then root. The root process works even after the OTA

What we really really need is a system dump from after the OTA. Iamlillys dad got us one but we want a clean start from someone who just updated. HERE is a link with information on how to do a system dump

Why don't you have someone flash recovery and upload boot.img and system.img and make a custom from that?

Turducken

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Impressive! Using the deluxe my Quadrant score went from 470 to 974. This is after a fresh recovery and no other optimizations.

Turducken

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
@saymes - I tested 5 different sources and the results were the same so a specific video isn't needed to reproduce. It affects all avi's. They play fine with stock/JIT and none play with stagefright. Test it with an AVI you know played prior to swapping the buildprop.

Music and Photos however are uneffected.

saymes

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
@Turducken: The only format that I found that still plays, is 3gp. I'm on the JIT build prop and my Quadrant score is down to 466.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084