has any one tried this tether method

rumplesteelskin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
" ...and if your interested in wifi tether
you know, without rooting and using the one that comes built in from being froyo without using a carrier, you're in luck. this phone will do it.

download the "quick settings" app from the market (the green gear icon one)
open it and press menu>customize
move the wifi hotspot up to be in the visible settings
turn it on.

*note-you cannot turn it on in settings in the phone but once its on using quick settings, you can go into settings and set up a password for your network.

found this by accident yesterday.

*edit* removed part about evo as it does not work. Please for the love of Pete read this post before asking a question. This is not about USB tethering, this not about any other phone, this is not for people who can't follow simple instructions apparently and this is not my responsibility. I posted this to help people who want to WIFI TETHER. I'm not trying to be rude but at least attempt to read the first post and some of the thread before asking something
NOMster is offline Report Post
Last edited by NOMster; 12-09-2010 at 07:00 AM. "

shmutt1980

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I know about the quick settings app and going into the hidden options and making the mobile hotspot available, My question is, for the love of Pete, does T-mobile recognize that you are using your phone for this and start charging your account? FOR THE LOVE OF PETE can someone answer this question??

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon