[ROM] JoeMomROM v1 & Only-Optimus T

sspletts

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,

I'm new to all this and need a little help with the custom rom thing.

My phone is rooted using Z4root I also have Titanium installed. I also have

BareOptimus and recovery-RA-GNM-OPT-T-test.img downloaded to my pc.

Is there any thing else I need before I flash the custom rom. There is the big

one, I would like a simple step by step tutorial on how to install the custom

recovery and flash the custom rom. I don't what to screw this up. Thanks in

advance and Joesph when you get the new version done I would like to try it.

Scott :cool:

tula97

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
how much stagefright hack is bumping the quadrant?
I overclocked to 750 and have score 500 :) sound so little comparing to 1000-2000 scores or other phones but everything run so nicely nothing to complain I think this firmware is just about perfect. the next great thing will be to get faster connection from provider and better content for those phones

tula97

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,

I'm new to all this and need a little help with the custom rom thing.

My phone is rooted using Z4root I also have Titanium installed. I also have

BareOptimus and recovery-RA-GNM-OPT-T-test.img downloaded to my pc.

Is there any thing else I need before I flash the custom rom. There is the big

one, I would like a simple step by step tutorial on how to install the custom

recovery and flash the custom rom. I don't what to screw this up. Thanks in

advance and Joesph when you get the new version done I would like to try it.

Scott :cool:

hi Scott you need flash tool go to the optimus S section the link in the first post http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...de-rooting-custom-roms-optimus-s-edition.html of this thread there are clean instruction for the whole process for recovery from recovery you can flash bareoptumus.zip

Last edited:

Joeseph Mother

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
how much stagefright hack is bumping the quadrant?
I overclocked to 750 and have score 500 :) sound so little comparing to 1000-2000 scores or other phones but everything run so nicely nothing to complain I think this firmware is just about perfect. the next great thing will be to get faster connection from provider and better content for those phones

On my rom, clocked at 806 or 826, I got 1470 quadrant...disabled quadrant, got 640.

OptimusT

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Installed it without a hitch! Everything runs really well for now. I'll be sure to update you if there are any more bugs. PLEASE keep up the good work!

el.rafael

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Hey,

Joe Ive been using your latest version since last night and it is working well. Very smooth and like how you have gotten rid of most the clutter.

One question. Is that android keyboard the new gingerbread one? Swype 2.15 apk? I can send u a link.

Requests. Can you put root explorer in the next release. Also, have you played around with the new ADW launcher EX? Just my opinion but its a more lightweight on cpu and can customize to have a completely empty desktop no bars dockbars and such.

I like the quick settings app u have, but I think more managing apk might be better. Can you put curvefish process manager in next build? I love their Widget that looks like a mini task manager :)

pman_3.png

Ill keep using this rom as long as you keep releasing it :) GO Optimus T transform!

Jorge

Joeseph Mother

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Hey,

Joe Ive been using your latest version since last night and it is working well. Very smooth and like how you have gotten rid of most the clutter.

One question. Is that android keyboard the new gingerbread one? Swype 2.15 apk? I can send u a link.

Requests. Can you put root explorer in the next release. Also, have you played around with the new ADW launcher EX? Just my opinion but its a more lightweight on cpu and can customize to have a completely empty desktop no bars dockbars and such.

I like the quick settings app u have, but I think more managing apk might be better. Can you put curvefish process manager in next build? I love their Widget that looks like a mini task manager :)

Ill keep using this rom as long as you keep releasing it :) GO Optimus T transform!

Jorge

Swype is still on by default, to change it, hold any space where you can type, and select input method, change it to android keyboard, and you'll see the gingerbread keyboard. That's the 2nd or 3rd request for adw instead of launcherpro, so it'll be that way in the next version (probably friday). Quick settings is only there because it's a lightweight way to get free wireless tethering unlocked, I'll try the other one too, whichever uses less memory wins & gets to stay.

michael.ahdett

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to let you know that I just installed this rom, and it's my first time doing so on this phone. I'll be playing with it over the next few days, but the ~30 minutes I've spent with it so far have been great! Thank you for everything you've done to create this, I really appreciate it!

Oh, and, for what it's worth: if the next version has ADW, I'll still be removing that and using LauncherPro, it just looks much better, battery life be damned!

Last edited:

michael.ahdett

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Looks like the issue I was having was related to some wonky setcpu settings, not because of the rom. I'm loving this so far, it's extremely well done.

Thank you so much yet again!

Last edited:

el.rafael

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Swype is still on by default, to change it, hold any space where you can type, and select input method, change it to android keyboard, and you'll see the gingerbread keyboard. That's the 2nd or 3rd request for adw instead of launcherpro, so it'll be that way in the next version (probably friday). Quick settings is only there because it's a lightweight way to get free wireless tethering unlocked, I'll try the other one too, whichever uses less memory wins & gets to stay.

I can send you my ADW launcher EX .apk if you need.

Also I have the latest swpye 2.15 apk which includes the microphone button with voice translation!

Let me know if you need anything else!

el.rafael

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
I know what else he needs, more people who prefer LauncherPro and dislike Swype! :D

It would be better to have both keyboards as many people are already comfortable with swype. I personally feel android keyboard is better for texting, but swype is better for other input needs like web browsing and such. Why not put the latest version of it in the new build? Have you tried the latest ADW? It is about half the size of launcher pro = less cpu consumption. Diversity is what drives the world!
J

Joeseph Mother

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
It would be better to have both keyboards as many people are already comfortable with swype. I personally feel android keyboard is better for texting, but swype is better for other input needs like web browsing and such. Why not put the latest version of it in the new build? Have you tried the latest ADW? It is about half the size of launcher pro = less cpu consumption. Diversity is what drives the world!
J

Both keyboard are there, you can switch them in settings or by holding any text input area and selecting input method. It will be regular adw in the rom, not ex, because ex is a paid app, so I can't include it.

el.rafael

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Both keyboard are there, you can switch them in settings or by holding any text input area and selecting input method. It will be regular adw in the rom, not ex, because ex is a paid app, so I can't include it.

hmm i see you don't want to be liable for "paid" apps. Have you used Zeam launcher from over at XDA? Its the best free launcher.

el.rafael

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed a hang when waking the phone up with the sleep button? Sometimes the screen just stays black even when the keys on hte bottom light up.

Kodeen

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed a hang when waking the phone up with the sleep button? Sometimes the screen just stays black even when the keys on hte bottom light up.

Yes, I did have that happen once last night. I hit the lock button on and off a couple of times, and on the third try the screen came up. I haven't been able to reproduce since.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01