Discussion for - Root, Recovery, and ROm without touching a computer

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered a new optimus t and new to the optimus t (comming from optimus v) will this new v10s firmware be on a new phone?

Last edited:

JASONMATTY1

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Discussion for - Root, Recovery, and ROm without touching a c

I am trying to use z4root to root my optimus t. It keeps saying USB debugging must be enabled even though it is enabled.

merchant2112

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

I am trying to use z4root to root my optimus t. It keeps saying USB debugging must be enabled even though it is enabled.
quick question i used this method to mod my phone , but im thinking of trying cm7 was wondering if the recovery is compatible to flash cm7 or should i re mod the phone to a different recovery.

X7rocks

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

hell, i am having an issue as to the zip files won't let me paste them on root folder. or do i need to make a root folder in the SD card?

enderdeckard

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site

I'm having the same problem as jasonmatty. It says USB debugging must be enabled, even though it is enabled. Is the phone supposed to be plugged into the USB ?

AWDGuy

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site

just let you guys know Gingerbreak will work with v10s firmware(android 2.2.2)
[26.04.2011][v1.2] GingerBreak APK (root for GingerBread) - xda-developers
Ditto.

On v10s, z4root just exited after a while and would not complete and no superuser on manual reboot.

GingerBreak-v1.20.apk worked. Original thread should be updated.

Used this thread to install Recovery since links in original thread are broken.

Last edited:

dzee206

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site

can the op please reupload the RA-GNM-OPT-T-test.img.zip again? When I click on the link it gives me an error message saying file not found, thank you.

AWDGuy

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site

can the op please reupload the RA-GNM-OPT-T-test.img.zip again? When I click on the link it gives me an error message saying file not found, thank you.
Read the last line of my post right above yours for the link to a recovery install process that works.

skarookidoo

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site

Ditto.

On v10s, z4root just exited after a while and would not complete and no superuser on manual reboot.

GingerBreak-v1.20.apk worked. Original thread should be updated.

Used ]this thread to install Recovery since links in original thread are broken.

Which recovery img did you use off of that? I tried one last night and temporarily bricked my phone. I did get it back up and running. I used the thunderg 2.2.1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae