Lg Optimus T good?

deathfinderxx

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, Well I have a few questions. I'm about to get a free upgrade and was gonna move from the behold to the Lg optimus T. My questions are is this phone any good? What are the mods for this phone, Im new to the android area and some of the lingo here. Is there away to speed up the phone? I pretty much will be using it for calling,texting, apps and games. Is there some nice things out for this? Thanks for the help and everything!

dante501

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Well I can only speak for the sprint version. It is a decent phone for the price. And u can overclock it and it is quite speedy. Don't expect it to be an evo epic nexus or anything in the league like that but it is pretty much the best entry level smartphone u can get.

deathfinderxx

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, well How fast can i over clock it and all that? I know its not gonna be super duper i just wanna make sure it can be decently fast. I would like to play those pocket mmos and stuff on it without it being super slow.

l30r0

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I got the phone as a xmas gift for my fiancee and I've just recently rooted and put a rom on it. No flash is always a downside to me, but I have a G1 right now so i'm used to it (waiting for my upgrade too). I have to say even without overclocking and all that, it's a pretty sweet phone for the price. I've been able to overclock it from 600 to 768 stable. Some can go higher, some bug out when you do.
As far as games, I can play pocket legends and angry birds with no lag. I haven't really tried too many other games, but I will if you have any suggestions.

While I've only seen about 2 roms specifically made for the optimus t, most of the optimus one roms work perfectly fine.There is alil bit of growing support for the optimus t now. Wifi calling seems to be exclusive to the optimus t right now, which can be a plus if you're in an area with crappy signal like me.

Overall, I think it's a great phone if you don't wanna spend much money. The only problem I've come across is a small issue with the touch screen acting funny (acts like you're multi touching or tapping somewhere else on the screen when you're not) which is actually being work on now by a new kernel.

deathfinderxx

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Hmm I see, ahh i was just looking at android game son youtube. If you say it doesn't lag that bad thats pretty good. You know what a good rom is for it? So no flash function? Will there ever be one coded for it? Also any idea how the samsung vibrant is?

cognus

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
its my third 'droid [vogue, garminfone, T] and the best so far. each had its strengths out of box.
The WIFI calling is pretty much flawless so far - very clear, no channel issues, no authentication issues.

its crammed full of bloatware - I wouldn't reco it to a novice who is going paygo or prepaid - its going to eat data in the background and serve T-Mobile's profit interests. Needs to be rooted and nuked of all that stuff, then put back just what you want and nothing else.

jac1599

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
its crammed full of bloatware - I wouldn't reco it to a novice who is going paygo or prepaid - its going to eat data in the background and serve T-Mobile's profit interests. Needs to be rooted and nuked of all that stuff, then put back just what you want and nothing else.

This. I checked my battery usage...over 40% of my battery use was going to Drive Smart or something like that. Well, I rooted last night and removed it (along with several other stock apps) and man...it's like a whole new phone. Been using it all day with wifi and bluetooth on and only down to 71%.

Getting rid of that crap is a MUST.

rhino4

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
This. I checked my battery usage...over 40% of my battery use was going to Drive Smart or something like that. Well, I rooted last night and removed it (along with several other stock apps) and man...it's like a whole new phone. Been using it all day with wifi and bluetooth on and only down to 71%.

Getting rid of that crap is a MUST.

I agree 100%, i removed that ****ty drivesmart app and my battery is doing so much better, my only mistake is i used titanium backup to uninstall it and now im not sure if i'll be able to get any updates. should of used a freeze app instead.

oh well, its a pretty nice phone overall, just be careful, it seems easy to brick, i installed a 10mb update from t-mobile and it bricked it lol an official update got my phone stuck in emergency mode and had to return it.

fratermus

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Skip this piece of garbage if you can, worst choice i've ever made.

If buying the Optimus is the worst choice you've ever made then you are doing pretty good in life. IMO.

I was going to leave the OpT stone-stock but reading this thread whetted my appetite for removing the bloatware and the drivesmart stuff. We will see.

noisome

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Bluetooth controllers don't work with this phone, at least the two I've tried. The wiimote and the iControlPad. They will pair but never connect, much like the Sense UI BT stack. Even with programs, Wiimote Controller and emulators that try to contact the bluetooth stack directly, it will say no bluetooth found.

Otherwise its a decent phone.

patcal

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I agree 100%, i removed that ****ty drivesmart app and my battery is doing so much better, my only mistake is i used titanium backup to uninstall it and now im not sure if i'll be able to get any updates. should of used a freeze app instead.

oh well, its a pretty nice phone overall, just be careful, it seems easy to brick, i installed a 10mb update from t-mobile and it bricked it lol an official update got my phone stuck in emergency mode and had to return it.
Rhino4,

What did you use to remove the stupid Drive app? I tried the free Advance Task Killer & it would not shut it down permanently.

Pat

DUH!! Titanium Backup. So much for my reading ability. Sorry