Samsung Exhibit II 4G Android version 2.3.6 Update

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Just curious if anyone has gotten this update yet? They note that the updates will continue to rollout through July 15th, which seems like a pretty long rollout to me!

Anyway, this is what's said/FAQ's about the update:

Improvements:
  • Android version 2.3.6 / Software T679UVLE1
  • Version
  • Android version 2.3.6 / Software T679UVLE1
  • Over-The-Air Update (33 MB) and Kies
  • Approved 5/30/12

New Features:
  1. Re-brand to Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4G

Improvements:
  • Google Security Fix
  • Device stability improvements
  • Wi-Fi Calling audio improvements
  • Camera app improvements
  • Swype corporate email improvements

Prerequisites
  • Android version 2.3.5 / Software version T679UVKJ1 update
  • At least 50% battery life

ja5219

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Have not received the update message on my phone about to try attempt number 2 with the Kies software

First try it set my phone in Odin mode and then my PC lost contact with my phone.. so it just stood there... Pulled the battery and phone restarted fine.

Time to try again.

Edit: Just updated .. worked without a problem.. I did lose my root status.. but.. it still kept the tethering manager from running so hotspot still works. :)

Last edited:

MR.SGE4G

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Have not received the update message on my phone about to try attempt number 2 with the Kies software

First try it set my phone in Odin mode and then my PC lost contact with my phone.. so it just stood there... Pulled the battery and phone restarted fine.

Time to try again.

Edit: Just updated .. worked without a problem.. I did lose my root status.. but.. it still kept the tethering manager from running so hotspot still works. :)

There a rooted kernel for the update or u could follow the thread to the already rooted rom by jocala

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

bpbrown

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I updated to 2.3.6 via Samsung Kies. Work the first time just took awhile. I do not like that the update does not allow one to widened the pictures in the gallery to set the wallpaper, other than that little annoyance it is all good.:cool:

MR.SGE4G

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
U do know we have a ton of roms right try rebel rom but make sure it says our device but personally Cm9 is so close to rc status that might be my next flash f stocc custom all day :D

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

bondo07

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok i'm glad i found this thread. My phones been pissing me off lately and tmobile said the new update would fix it. Installed samsung kies, but it wont connect through usb. It'll connect just fine through wifi, but wont give me the firmware update prompt. Just gives me the options to look at all my stuff on the phone and thats it. I have the latest usb drivers installed on my pc.
If i open kies on the computer with the wifi on my phone off, then plug in the usb, it still doesn't see that it's plugged in. Someone help. I need my phone for work and it's really really annoying how it freezes up all the damn time.

Edit: ok i think i got it working. Wrong usb cord. Who knew an LG mini-b cable don't work for it. It'll charge it but that's it. Thanks guys for the info.

How long does it take? it's been at this screen for a half hour now..... nothing's changing.

Untitled.png

Last edited:

bpbrown

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I tried CM9 and it is nice but I would love to have use of my camera sometimes. That being said I am now using Xquizhit Custom rom. It is great as well. I have tried Rebel Rom but the update icon keeps telling me there is an OTA update but unable to download it OTA, it is annoying other than that a great custom rom as well. They are all really good but Zquizhit is my favor and everything is working:-*

MR.SGE4G

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I tried CM9 and it is nice but I would love to have use of my camera sometimes. That being said I am now using Xquizhit Custom rom. It is great as well. I have tried Rebel Rom but the update icon keeps telling me there is an OTA update but unable to download it OTA, it is annoying other than that a great custom rom as well. They are all really good but Zquizhit is my favor and everything is working:-*

Try galaxy exhibition by camcory you'll really love it if u like xquizit an its based off the newest firmware :D

via da v6'd sge4g beast courtesy of camcory

copernicus

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm finding not insignificant improvement in battery life after this update. Things feel smoother all around. My Kindle app, which had been broken, now works perfectly.

I'm quite a happy camper at the moment. :D

copernicus

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Besides what I mentioned above there were minor interface and other tweaks which I do not recall but, everything tightened up and became snappier all around.

tamarlyn

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I tried your link Mr SGE4G and got.....
"No thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator" at xda developers

Last edited:

jo3see

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Can someone PLEASE install voodoo report via the Google Play and submit the report so @supercurio can make a working solution for the Wolfson audio built into this phone via voodoo sound? I have tried sending one with the stock rom and with rebel and both crash on me. I am graciously asking anyone and everyone to try to send that report. It's a VERY simple process.

Thanks SO much in advance!

- Joe

jo3see

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I tried. I can't get anyone to run this program. I've installed two different roms now on this phone including trying to run the voodoo report app on the stock rom and it force closes each time. All I need is someone to install the voodoo report app. it will automatically send a report over to supercurio so he can take a look at the hardware to be able to include voodoo sound on his next release.

ja5219

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I tried it myself it also crashes but it did it after a bunch of details spammed my notification bar. I was also able to send an email right after that so not sure what he received.

android24

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I have the samsung exhibit 2 4g and it has manger software problens i even updated it thru kies and still same thing. i ask for t mobile to send me different phone cuz i have insurance and samsung has restricted them from doin so cuz its a known issue and said i would half to wait for them to fix the update wut am i paying for a broke phone???!!!