Hi,

I just received a used Samsung Exhibit II. When I go to basic IM, click to start a new message, click the contacts icon next to where you enter a recipient, I have a complete history of names and numbers of individuals that have been in texting conversations with the previous owner. I would like to delete it for the sake of privacy and also to free some space. Any suggestions?
    08-26-2013 01:38 PM
    Hi,

I just received a used Samsung Exhibit II. When I go to basic IM, click to start a new message, click the contacts icon next to where you enter a recipient, I have a complete history of names and numbers of individuals that have been in texting conversations with the previous owner. I would like to delete it for the sake of privacy and also to free some space. Any suggestions?
    Go to Settings > Backup and Sync > Factory Reset. This will erase all apps, contacts, settings and such. In other words your phone will be as it was straight out of the box. After you do this simply add your Google account. Your contacts will download to your phone. You will have to redownload your apps from the Google Play Store. Whenever you obtain a used phone you should always do a factory reset.
    08-26-2013 06:42 PM