SD card problem

John Hornren

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
So I started using the phone about a few weeks ago after letting it sit out for awhile. I, being the ***** i am take the old SD card out of my old phone and just pop it into the micro SD card slot on my new phone. It was 4 gbs and when i plug it into my computer and look at it over windows explorer it would show that it was only 1.6 gbs. I just got over and decided I'd buy a new one that's 16 Gbs and that would fix the problem. After having the phone for a bit I properly unmounted the old SD card and took it out and popped in the new one. Then I get the error, "SD card is damaged. Try reformatting it." Thats alright, nothing on the SD card nothing to worry about, I try to format but that seems to do nothing. I plug the phone into my computer, there is no drive for the phone. Just one for the SD card, J:, I know that J is the drive for the SD card because it was like that when i hooked up my other phone. Regardless of the fact it was 16 gbs, it still says it's only 1.6 gbs. So I take the SD card out and plug my phone up, it says that it activated drive J? but thats not possible. Could this be a problem that my phone and SD card running the same drive name? I'm quite confused and I really need help.

sauce_a_poutine

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
When swapping a SD card , it's typically better for it to be unmounted. Go to settings/storage/, unmount your card, and reboot the phone without it, and only removing it once the handset is off. Now reformat the SD card using your computer, and then plug it in, and from settings/storage/, make sure it has been re-mounted. If it's still not good, try reformatting from phone. If that fails, your SD card is most likely corrupted.

John Hornren

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Okay, SD card is no longer damaged, now to deal with it shrinking my card space, I go to settings and then apps then to SD card and it still says "only 1.6 gbs avaliable" wat do

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc