Tmobile has the best smartphone plan????

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
You should build your credit. A lot of credit card companies won't charge you interest if you pay in full each month.

Remember thou, That cost of T-Mobile isn't including the device charge. If you pay for your phone in full price than that is what you will pay as stated a few post above me. So if you phone is zero down and it cost $600, you are looking at about a $25 added to your bill for 24 months.

Still cheaper than the rest.

I just believe if you say no contracts and I pay full price for the phone and I pay my bill I shouldn't have to pay a deposit on a non tangible object such as a plan. you have to pay for your plan before you can use it in the first place so It's no like I have any way to rip them off. I know I should build my credit I just don't believe in the way our society dictates how credit is determined

rdubmu

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I just believe if you say no contracts and I pay full price for the phone and I pay my bill I shouldn't have to pay a deposit on a non tangible object such as a plan. you have to pay for your plan before you can use it in the first place so It's no like I have any way to rip them off. I know I should build my credit I just don't believe in the way our society dictates how credit is determined

I agree with your point. It is a post plan account. I would suggest going prepaid with T-Mobile than there isn't a deposit. Doing post-paid requires a credit check because you are using the service before paying for it..

I think one month of service would be reasonable for a deposit but not $300

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I agree with your point. It is a post plan account. I would suggest going prepaid with T-Mobile than there isn't a deposit. Doing post-paid requires a credit check because you are using the service before paying for it..

I think one month of service would be reasonable for a deposit but not $300

Prepaid doesn't have the $70 unlimited everything with 2.5gb hot spot data. I was also told if I order prepaid the Galaxy note 3 would have been $100 more. I was trying to get that pre paid 5gb data unlimited text, 100 min of talk but they wouldn't let me get the note 3 with that. Im glad I didn't cause the Note 3 just guzzles data. From my magazine, to tons of widgets, and multi window it would have sucked to get bumped down to 2g after hitting my 5gb cap

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, I agree the planes are amazing but they do have some shady things going on. I just got T-mobile a few days ago and got in a huge argument with them about what the $300 deposit was for when I was paying in full. They eventually told me it was for service and I can get it back if I pay my bill every month for the next 12 months. I told them "its bull, you don't get deposits when you pay in full, whats the point of saying no contracts if you charge people $300 just for signing up and I can't cancel without loosing my $300". After an hour over the phone with them, they started to feel bad because It's obviously bull**** and they know it, and I am to smart to listen to them spin that sales pitch so they finally just said "$50 deposit is the best I can give you and thats without looking at credit" So I eventually took the $50 deposit fee and love the service. It gets spotty in doors in my town, but wifi calling is like a magic fix. (I know I don't have like any credit but I believe if you can't afford it, put down the effin credit card and start saving your money for it) That hurts me in the credit department but I hate how being good with money but doesn't borrow any money (no credit cards) means you can't be financially trusted.

They told me $50 deposit, and I get the $50 back in a year. I purchased my phone outright.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Prepaid doesn't have the $70 unlimited everything with 2.5gb hot spot data. I was also told if I order prepaid the Galaxy note 3 would have been $100 more. I was trying to get that pre paid 5gb data unlimited text, 100 min of talk but they wouldn't let me get the note 3 with that. Im glad I didn't cause the Note 3 just guzzles data. From my magazine, to tons of widgets, and multi window it would have sucked to get bumped down to 2g after hitting my 5gb cap

Well, I must have the one where you have the unlimited data, and 2.5 gb hotspot and up to 5 devices. Because that is what I told them I wanted..That is the 50+20...I get a 15% discount off of that too.

rdubmu

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, I must have the one where you have the unlimited data, and 2.5 gb hotspot and up to 5 devices. Because that is what I told them I wanted..That is the 50+20...I get a 15% discount off of that too.

Same as me but with 3 lines and jump on all 3 lines

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
It is opposite of prepaid. After your billing period ends you have a bill. Prepaid, you pay at the beginning of the billing period

Oh I was confused cause cehowardNote3 was obviously talking about post paid but said pre paid

tippmann15

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Not to defend a $300 deposit when you bought the device out right, but I'd assume that it's for the post paid services. Say someone rang up a $150 bill with international calling, or someone missed a payment and was late (essentially owing 2 bills), I'd assume someone with better credit would pay that bill where as someone with poor credit might move on to the next cell phone carrier who approves them. It just seems odd that the deposit would ever be >a month (or maybe two months ) of service when you pay out right for the phone.

Either way, long live the note 3!

Note 3 <Caesars>

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Not to defend a $300 deposit when you bought the device out right, but I'd assume that it's for the post paid services. Say someone rang up a $150 bill with international calling, or someone missed a payment and was late (essentially owing 2 bills), I'd assume someone with better credit would pay that bill where as someone with poor credit might move on to the next cell phone carrier who approves them. It just seems odd that the deposit would ever be >a month (or maybe two months ) of service when you pay out right for the phone.

Either way, long live the note 3!

Note 3 <Caesars>

They said it was based off credit. seems overboard. If it wasnt unlimited plan I could understand because someone could rank up that bill but I think its a T-mobile scare tactic. If you cancel you don't get your deposit back and if you miss payment you loose your deposit. win win for T-mobile. If you cancel they get free money but on the other hand its to much to considering canceling

tippmann15

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
They said it was based off credit. seems overboard. If it wasnt unlimited plan I could understand because someone could rank up that bill but I think its a T-mobile scare tactic. If you cancel you don't get your deposit back and if you miss payment you loose your deposit. win win for T-mobile. If you cancel they get free money but on the other hand its to much to considering canceling

Well to be fair, missing a payment seems like a completely legit reason to take it out of a deposit, but using the deposit to keep people in for 12 months at a time makes sense. O well it is what it is ^^.

Note 3 <Caesars>

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Not sure... I'd say it's credit. I walked in when I got my HTC One and the guy ran mine... Asked for how many lines I needed and I said one... He said oh okay you're approved for 15 lines based on credit. I then paid for the phone full price and walked out.. End of the month paid my bill and the rest is history.

Switched to the Note 3 after awhile and I'm just trucking along... Zero deposit... Ever.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Not sure... I'd say it's credit. I walked in when I got my HTC One and the guy ran mine... Asked for how many lines I needed and I said one... He said oh okay you're approved for 15 lines based on credit. I then paid for the phone full price and walked out.. End of the month paid my bill and the rest is history.

Switched to the Note 3 after awhile and I'm just trucking along... Zero deposit... Ever.

Well my credit rating is like 100 out of 800 and something. And I just signed up for T-mobile. I would have signed up in the building but they had no white note 3s and I was like no thank you because I loose my black phones on all my dark furniture. So went home and order over the phone. Over the phone is how I got the sales rep to wave the 300 deposit down to 50 from what their website was trying to charge me.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Well my credit rating is like 100 out of 800 and something. And I just signed up for T-mobile. I would have signed up in the building but they had no white note 3s and I was like no thank you because I loose my black phones on all my dark furniture. So went home and order over the phone. Over the phone is how I got the sales rep to wave the 300 deposit down to 50 from what their website was trying to charge me.

Ah yeah it was your credit then. And yeah doesn't hurt to call... They can do things to help you out... The system was just doing what it was programmed to do.

rdubmu

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

LOL I think the lowest you can get is 350. If you have no credit it will be in the 550's or higher. I have pretty good credit because I make it a point I never miss a payment.

Sent from my LG-D801 using AC Forums mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair