T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - I like the Moto X is getting Kit Kat

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
While the tmobile note 3 can't get a update to make wifi connect correctly or fix the call sound. Not that I'm complaining or anything....

Posted via Android Central App

jscholz22

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Re: I like the Moto X is getting Kit Kat

I have no issues with wifi or call sound. Seems like you may just like to bi*#h

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I thought about it but I was right the first time. But I guess if you don't have issues then no one else in the world does either. It's a big world outside your own, ya know?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Some do.. Most don't. I wonder if it's some people's setup that doesn't work the phone... While that shouldn't be that would explain some users issue.

Also OP... A phone getting an update has nothing to do with carrier. So what the point of your post?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
While the tmobile note 3 can't get a update to make wifi connect correctly or fix the call sound. Not that I'm complaining or anything....

I had that problem and was thinking about returning my Note 3 since I was still in my 20 day return window. However, others were having the same wifi problem, and the talk was it would be fixed. I kept the faith, and didn't return my Note 3. Since I have unlimited data, during the time wifi was acting funny, I just turned it off. Everything was fine. Then after a Samsung Rep in a store did a update while showing me how to do something, my wifi have been fine every since..

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: I like the Moto X is getting Kit Kat

I have no issues with wifi or call sound. Seems like you may just like to bi*#h

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I don't think it is like that. .Some were having the issue, and some were not. Even now, I had the wifi issue, but with some update, mine is fixed. IMO, one is not bit&hin when they THINK something is wrong on a high price item.. Mainly when you are in your return window.

Example, I got the Galaxy Gear watch too. Just like the Note 3, the Galaxy Gear has a lot of twist and turns, and can do a lot. I am a layman, and couldn't do jack. So, I got it locked in some function, and didn't know how to bring it back to normal. Since I was in my return window, I didn't take the chance, and returned it for another one. Later found out what I had did. It was "user error".. I had a function turned on, all I had to do was to go and turn it off. Simple now, but it wasn't simple then.. :D

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Some do.. Most don't. I wonder if it's some people's setup that doesn't work the phone... While that shouldn't be that would explain some users issue.

Also OP... A phone getting an update has nothing to do with carrier. So what the point of your post?

It had nothing to do with the carrier? Then why did Samsung favor sprint, at&t, Verizon and the international carriers by giving them updates that seem to have solved similar problems but have ignored tmobile then? I understand tmobile doesn't make the phones, but they do have final say with oem released updates, don't they?

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I know that if I have my mobile data connected while using wifi, my wifi connection will continually drop saying it had a weak signal, yet after disconnecting mobile data it never drops wifi. Easy solution, but that's not how the phone was intended to work. I paid to much for this phone as did all of us to have to do work arounds for something that's supposed to work out if the box. Also when I use wifi calling, everyone I talk to continually says I sound either underwater or like I'm being walked over by static. That's on every wifi connection I've used. Otherwise I truly love the phone and wouldn't have any other one on the market today. My beef was that the Moto X is getting Kit kat while I can't even get the same simple update to fix known issues that have been reported on every other carrier.
Party on Wayne

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It had nothing to do with the carrier? Then why did Samsung favor sprint, at&t, Verizon and the international carriers by giving them updates that seem to have solved similar problems but have ignored tmobile then? I understand tmobile doesn't make the phones, but they do have final say with oem released updates, don't they?

No they don't. Samsung does the update... Fixes stuff.. Adds stuff.. Whatever they want with the update..

THEN

it goes to the carrier for them to test and add bloat if they want.. Etc. Etc. So........ Samsung handed it to the carriers. Sprint, AT&T, and Verizon have put it out... T-Mobile hasn't.

That's how updates work.. That's why some carrier versions of a phone can get an update before another... If it was released directly by Samsung to phones it would be all at the same time... But its not... Due to carriers.

--------------

That is how normal updates work. Now ... The Moto X is ... Morotola ... so Motorola got the Kit Kat update out .. to the carriers .. and the carriers pushed it out. Motorola is the vendor their... not Samsung. As for the Samsung update to fix WiFi which carriers received that? I don't remember seeing a specific "fix wifi" issue for other carrier notes.

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I think we're in agreement. Samsung does the update, the carriers and send it out in their own time frame. I do wonder if Motorola running these quick updates out have anything to do with being owned by Google. They are still owned by Google aren't they?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I think we're in agreement. Samsung does the update, the carriers and send it out in their own time frame. I do wonder if Motorola running these quick updates out have anything to do with being owned by Google. They are still owned by Google aren't they?

I believe so. And that would certainly make sense on why they're faster.

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Last report I read said it was for sure confirmed Note 3 android 4.4 update released late January and up to carriers on how fast they will push out updates. Hope the update improves standby time.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I know that if I have my mobile data connected while using wifi, my wifi connection will continually drop saying it had a weak signal, yet after disconnecting mobile data it never drops wifi. Easy solution, but that's not how the phone was intended to work. I paid to much for this phone as did all of us to have to do work arounds for something that's supposed to work out if the box. Also when I use wifi calling, everyone I talk to continually says I sound either underwater or like I'm being walked over by static. That's on every wifi connection I've used. Otherwise I truly love the phone and wouldn't have any other one on the market today. My beef was that the Moto X is getting Kit kat while I can't even get the same simple update to fix known issues that have been reported on every other carrier.
Party on Wayne

Actually, that's exactly how it is SUPPOSED to work. Almost all of tmobile's handsets will disconnect from everything except gsm when connected to wifi. (So you can still receive sms messages or phone calls) If the mobile data is not disconnecting, then it isn't working properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unicorn11B

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Actually, that's exactly how it is SUPPOSED to work. Almost all of tmobile's handsets will disconnect from everything except gsm when connected to wifi. (So you can still receive sms messages or phone calls) If the mobile data is not disconnecting, then it isn't working properly.

I'm thinking he's saying his wi-fi connection is dropping not his mobile connection.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking he's saying his wi-fi connection is dropping not his mobile connection.

Read a bit further. He's saying that it doesn't drop when mobile data is disconnected, but does when it isn't. There's an issue with his device not disabling mobile data like it should when wifi is connected.

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
When my mobile data is connected, my Wi-Fi drops sporadically. When I turn mobile data off, my Wi-Fi connection stays on with no problem.

Edit

I understand that Wi-Fi will do sometimes to send MMS. But I will get a message that says Wi-Fi connection is weak when my mobile data is on. Doesn't matter whose Wi-Fi I'm connected to, it happens close to hourly. I'm pretty sure I've read of other Note 3 and S4 owners on 4.3 that have had the same problem

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
When my mobile data is connected, my Wi-Fi drops sporadically. When I turn mobile data off, my Wi-Fi connection stays on with no problem.

Edit

I understand that Wi-Fi will do sometimes to send MMS. But I will get a message that says Wi-Fi connection is weak when my mobile data is on. Doesn't matter whose Wi-Fi I'm connected to, it happens close to hourly. I'm pretty sure I've read of other Note 3 and S4 owners on 4.3 that have had the same problem

It's because your mobile data should be turning completely off when you're on wifi. All tmobile phones (iphone included) did that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance