Thinking about jumping ship

SirGeorgeKillian

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I currently have an S4 on Verizon. Now that T-Mobile will be offering this buy you out of your contract deal, I might just come over. I have been countlessly disappointed in the S4. It lags, battery life sucks, the camera is horrible, and most importantly the radios are weak. Places I used to have stellar signal I have problems hearing people.

Anyways, I'm thinking about making the jump. You guys think it will be worth it? Any of you come from Verizon or from a S4 (or both)?

Sent from my Samsung S4.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I was going to do this myself just yesterday, got all hyped up about saving some $. I checked my IMEI # on their site, said it couldn't be found and to call so I did THANK GOODNESS! It turns out my Note 2 will work on their network so all I'd need is their SIM card. The problem is that the towers in our area don't support 4G or 4G LTE yet -- I would wind up with 2G service ONLY. This of course would be the case even if I bought a T-Mobile phone. So, look close before you jump.

SirGeorgeKillian

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
It is my understanding that you have to trade your phone in to do this?

Here is my thoughts. If I jump there is no contract. If I don't like it after a few months, I can just sell the phone outright to make up the difference. Then I'm out of a contract, and am a free agent once again.

Rob220

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
As long as you are in a good service area you will be fine. I just recently switch from Verizon to T-Mobile and I couldn't be happier. But I live in phoenix and T-Mobile has a strong LTE network through out the city. So I would just make sure your area is well covered. I used the sensorly app to check the places me and my wife frequent most are covered.

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I just switched from Verizon to T-Mobile and and its a big difference. I can now get strong 4G LTE signal in Bensalem where Verizon would barely give me signal at all. Also, my download speeds are much better everywhere. Of course I live in Philly so I imagine being in a major city has a lot to do with the great performance...I suppose it all depends on where you live.

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I also recently switched from Verizon to T-Mobile, very happy to support this company. My coverage in So Cal is Very Good, I won't say excellent, but Very Good. I am pleased and happy I made the "JUMP".

Mlamp

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Last week I walked away from my Verizon unlimited contract (Galaxy S3) and jumped back to T-Mobile (I left in 09 to get the original droid). My wife was already at T-Mobile and now with the family share plan the T-Mobile, the bill only goes up $30 for Unlimited everything. Verizon was $80 so I'm saving $50 per month. Because of my wife's phone, I already new that the T-Mobile Service was good in our area and also usually pretty good (not perfect) when traveling around SoCal so I had no reservations. I bought my Note 3 outright on Swappa and saved a bunch of money, though it was still a bit of $$$ hit. I figure by summer, my monthly savings will have paid for the Note 3 and then I'll really be saving.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile is awesome if the coverage in your area is good.. If not it's the worst.

Also if you travel you will have edge when not in major areas... But if you're like me and rarely travel you can simply deal with those instances on rare occasions by downloading music to the phone or whatever.

Unlimited everything is always nice.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

sonic1519

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I just made the JUMP from at&t to TMobile. from a galaxy s4 to the note 3. so far so good with coverage in texas. the note 3 is a heck of a phone. sometimes i think it's got to many gadgets on it.
I always seem to like the latest things so the jump will be perfect for me.

anon(7481370)

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I had the note 2 and my wife the s3. I made the jump, upgraded the wife to an s4 and me to the note 3. I originally was going to wait on the note 4 but I didn't have to pay a cent for either phone when I made the jump. T-Mobile is very innovative and revolutionizing the cell phone industry. Glad I left AT&T and haven't looked back since.

Posted via Android Central App

SirGeorgeKillian

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I put insurance on my line and the guy at T mobile told me that I would be eligible for an upgrade every 6 months.

So far, I like this phone, it is a beast. The coverage sucks, but the places I am at the most are in great coverage areas. Plus as I get older, I kinda enjoy going to places where my phone doesn't work from time to time.....

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I switched from ATT and got a Note 3. I previously had HTC One. I also enrolled in JUMP so if I don't like Note 3, I can change in six months (which is when the next HTC One is rumored to be available) :)

That said, the device is fast and display is crisp. Unlike S4, I haven't noticed any UI issues or lags. This phone is a beast!

And, it has WiFi Calling! So far no issues with the signal for me (Seattle/Bellevue)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I switched from ATT and got a Note 3. I previously had HTC One. I also enrolled in JUMP so if I don't like Note 3, I can change in six months (which is when the next HTC One is rumored to be available) :)

That said, the device is fast and display is crisp. Unlike S4, I haven't noticed any UI issues or lags. This phone is a beast!

And, it has WiFi Calling! So far no issues with the signal for me (Seattle/Bellevue)

WiFi calling is pretty awesome :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

anon(2383976)

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I too jumped from att to t-mobile. Got myself note3 and nexus5 for my wife. We are still paying the same monthly price with better plan and new phones.

tippmann15

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I usually only see edge while on the freeways here in NE ohio, and that's cool with me since my Pandora app only really needs edge :). It's just SO nice to have unlimited LTE on my Note!

Note 3 ~ 5s

TeaTimeAlice

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I have also made the JUMP from AT&T to T-Mobile. I didn't even know T-Mobile had such good coverage in my city and the two other cities I travel frequently are covered. On AT&T I was constantly going over my data since I don't have home internet so I decided to switch on over and so far I love it! I'm debating on exchanging the iPhone for the Note 3 or to just add a tablet now that I'm taking advantage that unlimited internet ;)

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Problems online purchase.
I went online all excited to get the note 3 and my husband was getting the lumia 925 the total was 1327.12 which is a lot we have been saving for 5 months to get these phones.so I went to the t mobile site we filled out everything put in our card number and the funds on the card were put in hold but then the site said there was a problem to call or start a chat.so I started a chat and the rep ended up calling me and he said he needed to rebuild my order whice he did then asked me for my card number again to charge me the 1327.12 I told him that t mobile already put the money on hold on my card so I didnt have another 1300 to pay again. Needless to say I had some choice words for them they told me that they would release the hold on the first 1300.00 within 7 to 10 days but to complete the order they needed to charge me a second 1300.00. I dont know who has 2700.00 just laying around to buy phones but we dont we saved just to get these I was so mad. So if using the site be careful they could not even tell me what the problem was for why I had to call. I have gotten my money back and even though t mobile customer service stinks i went to an authorized dealer and bought the phones out right. We had to pay a little more but it is worth not having to deal with the site. Just to point out though I have purchased six different phones through the web site over the years and this is the first problem I have ever had with the site. Customer service is a different matter they are horrible to have to deal with but I like the service I get so I deal with them and try not to have to call them.