T-Mobile Note 3: Freezing after KitKat update

MacHouse83

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Don't know if this is happening with other Note 3 users after you updated to Kit Kat but I've done a bunch of battery pulls because of freezing. Should I do I factory restore to solve this, would it even work?

I find it annoying that my phone worked perfectly before the update and now it freezes and runs hot occasionally.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Freezing after Kit Kat update.

Don't know if this is happening with other Note 3 users after you updated to Kit Kat but I've done a bunch of battery pulls because of freezing. Should I do I factory restore to solve this, would it even work?

I find it annoying that my phone worked perfectly before the update and now it freezes and runs hot occasionally.

Try wiping the cache partition in recovery mode first :)

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

akhil bojedla

May 8, 2013
Visit site

I guess its a common issue. Im facing the same issue in my international version of note 3 which bears exynos octacore processor.

Guess this is because of rom optimisation techniques introduced in latest 4.4 update

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
A lot of Note 3 users across the board are having issues with KitKat, google really farked up

Google didn't push the Kit Kat update to the Note 3...
And no, there aren't as many issues as it seems, but since we're on an Android forum, it seems that way.

FifthElement

May 23, 2012
Visit site
Google didn't push the Kit Kat update to the Note 3...
And no, there aren't as many issues as it seems, but since we're on an Android forum, it seems that way.

Then who pushed it? Also the update hasn't really been pushed to users, only tech users have manually downloaded the update. Once in flux of users that download via OTA notice happens you'll start seeing more issues. I have four Note 3's and all four of them have the issues, 4/4! A lot of users get the update notification and afraid to download the update. I would care to guess that 75%+ of Note 3 owners on T-Mobile are still on JB!

5TH

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Then who pushed it? Also the update hasn't really been pushed to users, only tech users have manually downloaded the update. Once in flux of users that download via OTA notice happens you'll start seeing more issues. I have four Note 3's and all four of them have the issues, 4/4! A lot of users get the update notification and afraid to download the update. I would care to guess that 75%+ of Note 3 owners on T-Mobile are still on JB!

5TH

Google pushes devices to the Nexus devices. That's it
Samsung is in charge of all of their devices' updates. They then pass it to the carriers, who push it after it is ready.
I know a few people with an S4 on Kit Kat, and 2 people with a Note 3 on KK. None have issues

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
A lot of Note 3 users across the board are having issues with KitKat, google really farked up

This makes me wonder if I should actually do the update when Verizon releases "KITKAT" for the Note3. Every time I read something about the KitKat update it is NOT GOOD!!!!:mad:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
From what i'm seeing across forums with Note 3 users along with Nexus complaining about Kit Kat breaking stuff, i'd say so.

Yes, obviously we're going to see it a lot more in forums because that's where people go to report their experience. Users who don't have issues are less likely to talk about the updates.
None of people that I know in person had issues with 4.3, or 4.4.2 despite the numerous number of issues I saw people having here

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The high volume of complaint forums happens with every software update on just about every device. That includes Moto, Samsung, LG, Apple, it doesn't matter. A huge part of what the forums are is a place for people with common issues to share resources for troubleshooting, so it's natural to see the bugs, etc detailed out.

The presence of a user or even several users with an issue doesn't address the ubiquity of a potential issue. Ultimately we're looking at a very tiny cross-section of mobile users when we restrict to those who use forums (easily less than 1-2%), and if 1-2% of those members are having issues it doesn't indicate that the issues are not real, just that we can't make assumptions about how widespread, how serious and how easy or difficult to work around they are.

Many forums are filled with posts by people who will make one post on several different forums about their device "issues" and never respond.

We do know that (and have explained why) some apps do not work as they did before with SD cards and have always recommended that people remove those cards prior to accepting or forcing an update. Aside from that one (which impacts everyone who updates and had apps that used the pre-JB app2SD method that haven't been updated for 4.4), I haven't seen many bugs that look like they're more than one off flash-growing pain items.