Should I update my os to Android 4.4?

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
As the subject says should I? I've read some threads saying they have issues with it and wondering is this a small amount of people or a lot of you are having issues

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
As the subject says should I? I've read some threads saying they have issues with it and wondering is this a small amount of people or a lot of you are having issues

I think you should. Download it via WiFi, and let it go.
As for the complaints, remember, most people don't come on a forum and say 'Nothing is wrong. Everything is good.' Most often they come here because something is wrong. I think UJ95x made this analogy in another thread: If you go to a Ford or Chevy dealer and see all the people getting work done on cars, does that mean those car brands suck? No.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
you just bought a new phone, it likely will be okay.

However, I don't see the advantages of KK, I used JB for 4 month, KK for 1, If I have to choose, I will definitely go with JB. KK has too many bugs, the erratic, unpredicted battery drain is especially annoying.

I understand there will be a patch to fix things, I will wait for that.

sarceneaux

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Do it - i have had no issues. Battery life is great and noticeably improved reception.

i updated my note 3 out of excitement and my battery drained terribly... for 2 days. once everything settled and meshed together the battery life improved dramatically. but by the 4th day i was rooted and flashing roms to ease my pain. i would say go for it. not a big change but it is noticeable. it would depend on what your looking for.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
hupu3aty.jpg

So far I am happy with the battery life with 4.4.2 and in general with 4.4.2

Ryan Staten

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Just FYI...

I have had absolutely no issues with KK on my note 3. My wifi works great. The wifi calling also works good. As far as battery life goes, right now my phone is at 17 hours and 37 minutes on the battery and I have 57% battery life left :)

HothTron

Banned
Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
I had horrid issues with KitKat on TWO brand new Note 3's from T-Mobile. I was so frustrated I exchanged it 3rd time and im sticking with Jelly Bean with no issues other then some wifi droppage I can't seem to figure out

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I had horrid issues with KitKat on TWO brand new Note 3's from T-Mobile. I was so frustrated I exchanged it 3rd time and im sticking with Jelly Bean with no issues other then some wifi droppage I can't seem to figure out

I personally had no problems with it and probably enough people is fine with it that Samsung hasn't stopped issuing the update. Sucks that you had issues with it and hopefully it gets fixed

Android4life47

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Well don't know if you did or didn't but I haven't I like the fact that I could write to my SD card whenever I want to. I mean isn't that the reason some of us went and bought an SD card for???????

sent from my beast the note3

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Well don't know if you did or didn't but I haven't I like the fact that I could write to my SD card whenever I want to. I mean isn't that the reason some of us went and bought an SD card for???????

sent from my beast the note3

I updated to 4.4.2 and after about a week I find it OK. I generally kept videos and music on my SD card which I still can and since this phone has 32gb of internal storage I am fine with leaving apps on internal storage which is the main reason why I got the note 3 over the galaxy s5 since that base model is 16gb. The 32gb gs5 will probably be around 50 dollars more so for 100 dollars more (to the 16gb gs5) I get the 32gb plus a bigger screen