Note 3 auto brightness issue, anyone else

michko

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Hey all

Got the note 3 about a month ago... Love it...

I've had screen brightness always set to auto. However lately it's been flaky where the screen stays dim when it should get brighter.

Anyone else have this issue.

Sent from my Note 3

SoreAintya

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Sorta.
I never use "auto", always set to highest brightness setting yet the screen occasionally dims for a few mins before going to to its regular setting...
, and almost has me ready to swap it out permanently for my N2.

IslandGuy

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I also never use the auto setting as it is too dim for me. On occasion my phone will dim and will not go back to bright even when I touch the screen. I usually go to the brightness slider and just touch it to restore or just leave it and the brightness returns on its own a few minutes later.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

Arnold Meza

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
On occasion my phone will dim and will not go back to bright even when I touch the screen. I usually go to the brightness slider and just touch it to restore or just leave it and the brightness returns on its own a few minutes later.
That's exactly what happen with my note 3 once in a while.

SkinsFan1987

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
It was getting a bit too dim for me; mostly because I'm using an OtterBox case. I just turned auto brightness off and moved the slider all the way up, and I'm good now. If it gets too bright, I just go back to auto brightness for a bit.

Andy Mogilewski

May 15, 2014
Visit site
right after update brightness will dim, does it on my maps , and i have the charge option set to "screen on while plugged in". it also just goes to dim no matter how i change it

Samantha008

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
My auto brightness won't work at all, I had problem before and after factory reset it worked well, but again it's happening, please fix these bugs, I'm getting tired of Samsung.

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Wow, verizon note 3. I have dimming issues as well. I don't care for, nor use auto brightness settings because I like a consistent light. Verizon tech didn't see any issues with my phone and suggested trying auto setting to see if dimming issue persist. I read somewhere that the phone has a safety feature and dims if phones reach too high of a temperature. I'm a fairly heavy user for periods so this could be true. A CPU Monitor app has my phone cores between 109° - 144°F, and the battery over 98°F.

from "Ms Note 3"

Last edited:

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I have had the opposite problem on three Note 3's, one Sprint and two T-Mobile. I run brightness at about +2 but two or three times a day I catch it at full brightness in my OEM desk dock. I have to toggle it off and on again, and then it's good for another variable amount of time.

Jonnie Miller

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey all

Got the note 3 about a month ago... Love it...

I've had screen brightness always set to auto. However lately it's been flaky where the screen stays dim when it should get brighter.

Anyone else have this issue.

Sent from my Note 3

Yes! Make sure A. The phone screen is clean. and B. You do not have a anti virus or other app that may have updated or taken over this setting.
I've had the problem just recently. Samsung took the option off my notification bar. I must have it and am totally annoyed. I switched clean up softwares because 360 took over the screen brightness control recently. Now McAfee is trying to control it.
I want to know why this auto control brightness has been removed from the notifications drop down drawer!
Also make sure you are not in power saving mode. I did that with my note 2 and it took me days to decide why the screen was dull.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newprvn