Google+ Video Auto backup lowers quality?

MikeYuse0406

Nov 23, 2013
plus.google.com
I decided to use google+'s auto backup feature to backup my photos and videos. I always used dropbox but wanted to give google a chance since storage pricing are a lot cheaper.

My issue is that on settings I have it set up to upload at full. However, videos recorded at a resolution of 1920x1080 get resized to the following resolutions:

854x480 and 320x240 - Actual video sizes seem to remain same as originals.

I have 100gb of storage and have only used 2.3gb. Is this a known issue; is there anyway to get the videos to upload at theor original resolutions?

Also, once photos and videos are uploaded, is it safe to delete them from my Note 3's sd card?

Thanks guys!

agepu7yv.jpg

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk Pro

AaronAverage

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Well, your videos don't get uploaded at original quality because your photo size settings are set to max. quality.
I don't think there's an option to upload videos at their original size. Maybe you could try to port a video to your PC and upload it from your PC on photos.google.com and look if they're getting resized there, too. My videos are getting resized too and I have no setting to configure the video uploading quality.

Last edited:

CrunchyyMango

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I believe thats a bug. Looking at the the details page on my phone shows that my videos are 854 x 480. Looking at the same video/details page on the computer shows 1900 x 1080.