Unlocked a ATT Note 3 and swapped to Tmoble

josney

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Hello,
I unlocked a Note 3 from ATT and swapped over to Tmoblie and I am having connections issue. Constantly receive a "no internet connection", slow delivery of text messages. I am looking for suggestions.....should I totally reset the phone? If I check for any updates, since the phone was originally from ATT and now we are on Tmobile, is this going to cause more issues? Sorry for the novice questions, just looking for a little help.
Thanks

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
I unlocked a Note 3 from ATT and swapped over to Tmoblie and I am having connections issue. Constantly receive a "no internet connection", slow delivery of text messages. I am looking for suggestions.....should I totally reset the phone? If I check for any updates, since the phone was originally from ATT and now we are on Tmobile, is this going to cause more issues? Sorry for the novice questions, just looking for a little help.
Thanks
Did you update APN settings when you moved?

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 3

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
You're not going to get firmware updates OTA if your phone model and carrier do not match.

Like Keyzlife said, make sure your APN settings are correct. I also suggest not using IPv6 only even though that is TMO's default. Use either IPv4 or IPv4/v6. You should reboot after any APN changes.

Also, check which bands Tmobile uses in your area. ATT phones do not have all TMO bands and depending where you live this could affect your service.

If you don't mind doing so, a factory reset wouldn't hurt of course. And I always do a battery pull after any major change myself.

josney

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
yeah, this is all pretty greek to me, so I will have to do some reading up on what you guys are recommending. thanks for the suggestions, this will get me started

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Like I said, you won't get updates if the phone model doesn't match the carrier. If you want to flash firmware yourself then you should head over to xda developers forum and see if tmobile firmware can be safely flashed on to your phone or if they have a modified ROM that can.

anon(2383976)

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Like I said, you won't get updates if the phone model doesn't match the carrier. If you want to flash firmware yourself then you should head over to xda developers forum and see if tmobile firmware can be safely flashed on to your phone or if they have a modified ROM that can.

Does connecting to Kies help get the update? .

Posted via Android Central App

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Does connecting to Kies help get the update? .

Posted via Android Central App
Connecting to Kies will update the ATT version / software updates when ever ATT puts out the updates. So you might have service with TMO remember its still an ATT hardware unit. SO any updates that may apply will be for the att hardware side. Not TMO.
You wont get any ATT updates on OTA because the system your using is TMO, But KIES will recognize the hardware and any updates that Samsung / ATT push out will work with KIES.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams