Galaxy note won't turn on

Gdaniman

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 from eBay last week and received it on Thursday (Oct 16). It is unlocked but I'm using a T-Mobile sim for it so hopefully this was an adequate place to post about it.

I did buy it open box, if that makes a significant difference.

So upon receiving it, I unboxed it, charged the device as instructed and returned for it several hours later, popping in my sim and everything seemed fine. It booted properly and I was greeted with a set up screen. Fast forward about 5 hours later and my phone still seemed to be at 100% charge which I found to be curious, even with the impressive battery life that Galaxy Notes are known to have.

I had just started browsing YouTube for the typical cute cat video, still at 100%, when the phone abruptly turns off. Naturally, I try for a reboot. I'm met with the boot up animation and then the image of a drained battery but with a loading signal in front of it. And then, a black screen from then on out. Several more attempts of removing and reinstalling the battery, charged it over night with a different charger and still nothing.

I will note that the device seemed rather warm when it shut off. Not extremely hot to any degree, but unusually warm for what seems to be such light use.

Please help D:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The battery might be failing--can you try a new or different one? One way to confirm a battery problem is to take it out, lay it flat on a table, and try to spin it. If it spins freely, it's bulging in the middle, which is a bad sign. But it could still be problematic even if it doesn't spin, so it's really only a confirmatory test.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463