I love the clean white backgrounds in the Settings and Clock screens!

Settings in general are much easier. The screens are spacious and not so overwhelming to someone who might be new to Samsung. There isn't so much clutter on the screens which is so nice!

Overall it seems like a cleaner look an all the screens. Just figured out why the Contacts and Phone logs look different. The break lines in-between are gone. Speaking of the Phone...... when pressing the icon in my dock it said "App not installed" but it opened fine from the same icon in the App Drawer. I deleted the icon and added it back. Works fine now.

Not sure I like the color combinations of the settings in the swipe drop-down. The small white text on the aqua is a little hard for me to read with the contrast of the two.

Still playing around getting used to what's new but I love some of the changes!
    03-06-2015 07:41 AM
    I have been playing around with it and decided to wait for Note 5 in October/November 2015.
    Anyhow, it is just me or Note 3's Lollipop is a lot less bloated than Note 4 International's Lollipop?
    I have been watching Note 4 Lollipop videos and didn't upgrade it because I thought it was too bloated just like Kitkat on Note 3 but this seems like too good to be true. The Ram usage is actually down a little bit.

I had the same problem with Phone icon in toolbar and had to delete and re-add it from app drawer.

My only problem was that the app I wrote crushes after the upgrade. I had to investigate that with Android Studio. But so far I am so impress that I will hold on to upgrade.
    03-06-2015 02:42 PM
    For me, the browser seems a LOT faster. Definitely different enough to notice.
    03-06-2015 03:08 PM
    I really love the new multitasking, multiwindow, and s-pen features, similar to the Note 4. Also, there are more options in the S-view cover for those that have one, again similar to the Note 4. The phone seems even quicker than before in most ways and I didn't have any lag previously so I was surprised there was an improvement.

I wish I could change the white setting backgrounds to black again though. I hate white backgrounds and it's bad for battery on amoled screens. Just the option for either would be good but if they are only going to have one, it should default to black for the above reason. Not a fan of the aqua scheme either but that's just personal preference. Also would like to be able to remove the S finder/Quick connect line in the pulldown but not a big deal. I do like the new pulldown functionality though.

Overall happy with the upgrade. I did do a factory reset as I was getting reboots but I was prepared for that and backed up everything in multiple ways before upgrading. Well, it's only been since yesterday so I have no info yet on battery life and I spent all yesterday reinstalling and restoring after my reset so that's not a normal day.
    03-06-2015 03:24 PM
    I know the black is better for battery but it isn't better on the eyes. Even eye Dr's will tell you that. It would be nice to have a choice though!
    03-06-2015 03:28 PM
    im still testing batteries, will post result when i finished it sometimes tomorrow.
    03-06-2015 03:36 PM
    I too would like to remove the line with S Finder / Quick Connect! Surprised they are there. Search maybe but how much is the other used by anyone!?

I really love the new multitasking, multiwindow, and s-pen features, similar to the Note 4. Also, there are more options in the S-view cover for those that have one, again similar to the Note 4. The phone seems even quicker than before in most ways and I didn't have any lag previously so I was surprised there was an improvement.

I wish I could change the white setting backgrounds to black again though. I hate white backgrounds and it's bad for battery on amoled screens. Just the option for either would be good but if they are only going to have one, it should default to black for the above reason. Not a fan of the aqua scheme either but that's just personal preference. Also would like to be able to remove the S finder/Quick connect line in the pulldown but not a big deal. I do like the new pulldown functionality though.

Overall happy with the upgrade. I did do a factory reset as I was getting reboots but I was prepared for that and backed up everything in multiple ways before upgrading. Well, it's only been since yesterday so I have no info yet on battery life and I spent all yesterday reinstalling and restoring after my reset so that's not a normal day.
    03-07-2015 08:38 AM
    For me this is the first time Android looked elegant as opposed to previous versions.

I kinda disliked the Geeky-feel of Android before as it felt it was the me cheap knock-off of iOS. It's nice they finally made an effort to made the OS appealing and a bit robust.

Nexus 5 | LG D821/Android 5.0.1 with ElementalX 2.10 | SmartBro PH
    03-07-2015 08:42 AM
    my battery test is finished, http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...tery-10-a.html

in sum, battery improved by 10% in LP, my sot went from 8.5 to 9.25 during calibration. Standby in LP is as good as KK, but battery consumption during normal tasks are reduced.
    03-07-2015 08:51 AM
    Did they take away the screen shots? I can't take one.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-07-2015 11:55 PM

No. Try clearing your cache.
    03-08-2015 01:27 AM
    No. Try clearing your cache.
    Clear which cache?

03-08-2015 04:23 AM
    Clear which cache?

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-11017
    03-08-2015 04:44 AM

note pen has a screen write function, which takes screenshot.
    03-08-2015 05:59 AM
    Thank you.. I did it and it's still isn't working.. 😦

03-08-2015 02:03 PM
    Thank you.. I did it and it's still isn't working..

Just to be clear, you are pressing and holding the Home and Power buttons simultaneously for a couple seconds? That works for me on TMO Note 3 OTA lollipop. Also, the screen write screenshot with the s-pen also works. Do neither work for you or just one? Have you tried in Safe Mode? You can also try pulling the battery for a few minutes. Otherwise, you may have to do a factory reset.
    03-08-2015 06:30 PM
    Just to be clear, you are pressing and holding the Home and Power buttons simultaneously for a couple seconds? That works for me on TMO Note 3 OTA lollipop. Also, the screen write screenshot with the s-pen also works. Do neither work for you or just one? Have you tried in Safe Mode? You can also try pulling the battery for a few minutes. Otherwise, you may have to do a factory reset.
    I did everything but going into safe mode and a factory reset..

03-09-2015 01:34 AM
    I did everything but going into safe mode and a factory reset..

Well did the factory reset..Still didn't work. .Smh

03-09-2015 01:59 AM
    I agree! I also noticed an immediate improvement in battery life while using the phone.

my battery test is finished, http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...tery-10-a.html

in sum, battery improved by 10% in LP, my sot went from 8.5 to 9.25 during calibration. Standby in LP is as good as KK, but battery consumption during normal tasks are reduced.
    03-09-2015 07:51 AM
    I'm really liking the new update. It feels like a new phone all the upgrades have greatly improved on an already great product.

Im loving the incoming call feature that doesn't interrupt your activity but launches a mini call window.

Multi Windows is awesome.

SNote is even better and the merging of active notes is great.

The speed is improved and so is the battery life. Im not sure this is lilipop or just the fact that a new os has been loaded. Prior to the update my phone had been getting sluggish and draining the battery faster.
    03-13-2015 11:38 AM
    Are there any stable Lolipop roms out there that I can install on my tmo note 3?
    The stock ROM is going to be the most stable of course. I did a factory reset after upgrading over a week ago and not a single problem with it. Better than any firmware I've had on this phone.
    03-14-2015 04:53 AM
    Where do I find the stock rom for a Tmobile note 3? Im currently on pac man rom and loving the onscreen buttons and no bloatware. so idk if it's a worth upgrade yet?
    You can download it here: Download firmware: N900TUVUFOB6_N900TTMBFOB6_TMB - SamMobile
    Or you can look on XDA.

I can't answer for you whether it would be worth it since everyone is looking for different things. If you love the ROM your on, you can ask the dev what their plans are for Lollipop. But you asked about a stable ROM and the stock ROM is very stable and is going to be the most stable of any ROM you find.

The stock Lollipop ROM is working great for me and compared to Kit Kat versions, the things I love most are the added multiwindow functionality, S-Pen functionality, and multi-tasking functionality. I have not had a single, not even minor, problem with it after my factory reset that I did the day I updated. I have not had any of the problems I encountered on previous stock firmware either. I'm very happy with it. The phone is faster overall, and I never had a problem with lag, so I was surprised to find it improved. Battery life is good. Most things just function better, like the stock browser for instance is faster than it was and very stable.

That doesn't mean you will prefer it to your current ROM. You may have differrent priorities. Since you are rooted of course, you can always back up your current configuration completely and try it out and see for yourself. Several people on XDA have had no problem switching between Kitkat and Lollipop several times to try it out, so you can always go back to whatever ROM you want. I would definitely suggest a factory reset and clearing cache partition since it is a major change and you want to get rid of any remnants of previous OS.
    03-14-2015 04:08 PM
    i have it and it is far more stable than 442. No more random resets, laggy apps and the battery is about the same. Far better than the hack job on my POS S5.
    Only issues are the basic ones. Can't change the settings to tab, seriously, why? The battery fully charged notification needs to go, as the rest of the notifications need to be adjustable. The one big issues is still no tap and pay, it's the only reason I want to change to a different phone.
    03-14-2015 11:13 PM
    I am surprised and happy to see photo note part of the update. It is extremely useful

Posted via Android Central App
    03-20-2015 10:53 AM
    Thanks for everybody's findings and comments. I'm still on 4.3 because I heard 4.4 changes something with the SD card so no apps can write to it? And I'm too used to the way the phone is running now.

04-16-2015 12:17 PM