Issue #1
    After upgrading to Lollipop on my Note 3 I no longer see the volume controls for 'Notifications' and 'System' when I press the volume buttons.
    Previously, when I pressed the volume buttons it would look like this?
    Volume Control missing System and Media after Lollipop upgrade.-volume.jpg

Now, it only shows:
    Volume Control missing System and Media after Lollipop upgrade.-20150401_104904.png

In order to adjust the volume for 'Notifications' and 'System' and I need to go Settings | Device | Sounds and notifications
    Is there a way to change this, or is there a way to make a shortcut icon for "Sounds and notifications?"

Issue #2
    Audible notification for incoming texts still work. Except, now however, when you are viewing the current conversation thread there is no audible notification when a new message arrives from that visible thread. You have to exit out of the thread in order to hear the audible notification of new message. While you are in the midst of a text conversation you may not want to exit out of the conversation. You want to leave it open, but set it aside to carry on with something else. But you want to hear the audible notification. This no longer happens.

Issue #3
    When the screen is off and locked and you press the Home button the screen comes to life with your lock challenge screen. If you do nothing the screen will go dark again about 5 seconds. If "Power Saving" is enabled it will go dark in 2 seconds if the screen in not touched or unlocked. This is super fast. Is there a way to keep the Lock Screen from timing out and going dark so quickly? Sometimes when the screen is off and locked you just hit the home button to check the time or notifications. 2 seconds is way too fast of a time out when "Power Saving" is enabled. Even 5 seconds is not that long when it is not enabled.
    04-01-2015 02:25 PM
    It kind of looks like TouchWiz was disabled somehow. That looks like a Nexus 6 type sound options.
    04-01-2015 03:35 PM
    I have issue #1. Is this normal for the Tmobile version Note 3? Otherwise everything seems to be functioning just fine after my update. Getting used to the new look but no errors. I circumvent4ed issue #1 above by placing sound as one of my setting pull down buttons and just long hold it to get to the multiple volume settings screen but wish they had left that alone.
    cappper likes this.
    04-02-2015 09:02 PM
    That is the new volume control for lollipop or at least for galaxy running lollipop. I changed mine using "SoundHud". For issue 3 I would like to know the same on how to do thisVolume Control missing System and Media after Lollipop upgrade.-uploadfromtaptalk1428023388423.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    04-02-2015 09:10 PM
    Guru,
    placing sound as one of my setting pull down buttons and hold it to get to the multiple volume settings screen works. I guess this will suffice. But I agree, I wish they had left that alone.
    04-03-2015 06:19 PM
    Hi. By any chance did you find an answer to:

Issue #2
    Audible notification for incoming texts still work. Except, now however, when you are viewing the current conversation thread there is no audible notification when a new message arrives from that visible thread. You have to exit out of the thread in order to hear the audible notification of new message. While you are in the midst of a text conversation you may not want to exit out of the conversation. You want to leave it open, but set it aside to carry on with something else. But you want to hear the audible notification. This no longer happens.

Thanks!
    07-28-2015 08:29 AM
    I've got the exact same problem as the OP on a Galaxy S5 - missing everything now except the ringtone and when I click on the gear icon after pushing a volume up or down button it just disappears whereas before it showed all the other volume settings. I am on kitkat 4.4.2 and have done NO upgrades. Also it is rooted. Oddly this is a near clone of another Galaxy S5 I have (except ESN etc.) and it does not have this problem.
    03-02-2016 12:44 PM
    Solution: I looked at recently installed apps and decided Gravity Box was the likely suspect. It turns out that Gravity box by default changes this setting to only show Ringtone. To fix this open Gravity Box and go into Media Tweaks > Expandable Volume panel and check that box. That allows it to return to normal so when you click the gear (settings) icon on the Ringtone after pushing a volume button it expands to show all four volume settings. I suspect if Lollipop users have lost this ability that installing Gravity box and doing as I described here that you will regain all four volume settings.
    03-02-2016 01:28 PM