Lollipop Update 5.0 > Screen Capture Not Working

vja4Him

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I finally got the Lollipop Update (5.0) !!! Still getting used to the different look, but so far I like it.

However .... I'm having several issues. Screen Capture is not working like it used to. I used to be able to simply press the S-Pen button, and touch the screen to get a Screen Capture. That method no longer works.

I also tried the Swipe Method to get a Screen Capture. That does not work either.

So, I'm left with the only other option, to press the Power Button and the Home Button to get a Screen Capture.

Does anyone else also have this same issue? Am I missing something in the Settings?

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
The S-pen is not supposed to work like that any longer because they upgraded S-pen functionality to match the new features of the Note 4. Palm Swipe, if enabled in settings, should still work for a screenshot. You can also use Screen Write to capture a screenshot with the S-pen - you don't have to actually write anything on it - you can just save it as is.

Peaches36

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
The S-pen is not supposed to work like that any longer because they upgraded S-pen functionality to match the new features of the Note 4. Palm Swipe, if enabled in settings, should still work for a screenshot. You can also use Screen Write to capture a screenshot with the S-pen - you don't have to actually write anything on it - you can just save it as is.

i have the same problem.. I don't have palm swipe under s pen settings.

From My Cool Galaxy Note pro 12.2

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
i have the same problem.. I don't have palm swipe under s pen settings.

From My Cool Galaxy Note pro 12.2

That's never been under S Pen settings - it has nothing to do with the S Pen. It's under Palm Motion in the Control settings.

ajarnfalang

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Lollipop Update 5.0 > Screen Capture Not Working

New Android breaking things. Same thing on my G2 when it updated from 4.2 to 4.4. My Quiet Time didn't work. A couple of things were broken as well. Shortly thereafter LG released a small update and fixed all that.

I'm sure Samsung knows this is an issue and will fix it.

vja4Him

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
After messing around .... I accidentally double-clicked my S-Pen, and guess what happened? The Air Command popped up! Strange that Tech Support doesn't know that Trick.

Then I discovered Screen Write. Also discovered several other hidden tricks that Tech Support could not help me with. One tech support even sent me out a new phone, which I refused to receive.

Alafair

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
I have the same exact issue and i will be pissed if I no longer can do screenshots with my pen, i used this feature everyday. Anyway to bring it back, i just wiped out my phone to get it back per Samsung recommendation and still no screenshot feature with S-pen :(

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I have the same exact issue and i will be pissed if I no longer can do screenshots with my pen, i used this feature everyday. Anyway to bring it back, i just wiped out my phone to get it back per Samsung recommendation and still no screenshot feature with S-pen :(

Like I said in post #2, that feature does not exist any longer. The only way to take screenshots with the S-Pen is Screen Write.

David Birdsong

May 4, 2015
Visit site
I also used the s pen screen shot feature often. I am dissapointed that tech support advised me to reset my phone, which I did. Now only to learn it is a discontinued feature. Some how it needs to come back. The swipe is fine but you have to go through gallery to reopen if you need to share or edit. BRING IT BACK

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I also used the s pen screen shot feature often. I am dissapointed that tech support advised me to reset my phone, which I did. Now only to learn it is a discontinued feature. Some how it needs to come back. The swipe is fine but you have to go through gallery to reopen if you need to share or edit. BRING IT BACK

You can set screen capture to automatically open the edit and share menu under display settings so you don't have to go to gallery. You can also use Screen Write for the same.

magusat999

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Who makes these ridiculous decisions? Screen shot should work as it did before because you cannot take shots within a lot of apps now. I was using it to take shots of my games, for example - palm swipe and the s-pen pop-up do not work in games, but tapping the screen used to be a separate function that worked to get a screenshot in any app. Who looked at this and said "We know people love that feature - SO LET'S TAKE IT AWAY?". And after all these complaints about it, where is the update reversing the dumb and unpopular move?

sooncm

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
It has nothing to do with phone setting or S Pen setting. Its a bug. If you soft reset the phone, the screen capture palm swipe n S pen will work for once...

Ann Leong

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi jpr, my screenshot works fine with the palm swipe after the update (updated on 30 Jun 2015), but where are the pictures that I took? I look in my Gallery & it's nowhere to be found! Could use some help.

Thank you.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Hi jpr, my screenshot works fine with the palm swipe after the update (updated on 30 Jun 2015), but where are the pictures that I took? I look in my Gallery & it's nowhere to be found! Could use some help.

Thank you.

I don't know why you're not seeing them in the Gallery. You should have a Screenshots folder there. But you can use a file manager and find them at /storage/emulated/0/Pictures/Screenshots/

Sammy444

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
Was having issues with mine, too, but found that the side of my palm had to actually be lightly touching the screen for it to work. This is for okay for somethings I'd like to take an image of but sometimes my hand can wind up clicking something on the screen and I lose the shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance