I hate my phone

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I've had mine for 18 months now, and never broke the port. Neither has my wife. The microUSB connector is a very delicate thing, so you have to be very careful when you plug something into it. (I'm glad the industry agreed to all use a single connector - we used to need about 65 connectors to service all phones. But the choice of microUSB was about the worst one they could have made. It's cheap, but it's not suited to the purpose of having a cable plugged in every day.)

(We are on our third Logitech headset, because their connector is even more loosely connected than the ones on phones, and barely outlasts the warranty. From now on I'm just going to open the earphone and glue the connector down, then resolder it.)

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
No problems with any of my devices data ports. M8, Note 3, and a few other devices. if its happened "again" it might be user error, maybe.. just throwing it out there..

jacker

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
My charging port on my note 3 went out twice already but I feel I may not have been careful as I could have been.

Therfore I've been extra careful and so far so good.

This includes
1. Being gentle unplugging and plugging in and not laying on the connector while watching Netflix in bed.
2. Keeping dirt and gunk clear of the charging port.
3. Being aware of moisture. Being careless and getting those points corroded is no joke.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Samsung seems to have charging port problems, with a lot of usage or improper usage. A friend has gone through 4 but he treats it poorly. If is going out that often try wireless charging.

Posted via the Android Central App

thymeless

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Its not a hard diy replacement but it's more likely just lint and#or bent pins. I've blown lint out of my port when it was acting up and it worked fine after.

Forgewizard

May 20, 2012
Visit site
I moved to the wireless charging to reduce chances of charging port trouble. Actually got hooked on induction charging back with my Palm Pre. Cable free really is great!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk