04-10-2013 08:37 PM
81 1234
tools
    You pay the phone taxes with your down payment, so it'll be roughly $150 up front, so there are no taxes on the monthly payments.
    Now will a Verizon iPhone 5 work on tmobile hspa?
    04-09-2013 08:25 PM
    Now will a Verizon iPhone 5 work on tmobile hspa?
    I'm not positive....but I'm pretty sure that it will work but will not get HSPA+, only 2G unless you are in one of the refarmed areas.
    04-09-2013 08:29 PM
    I'm not positive....but I'm pretty sure that it will work but will not get HSPA+, only 2G unless you are in one of the refarmed areas.
    I am. I'm in south Florida.
    04-09-2013 08:30 PM
    I am. I'm in south Florida.
    Interesting....I'm in SW FL but I don't believe they have refarmed here. But either way your phone should work with HSPA in that case.
    04-09-2013 08:33 PM
    Interesting....I'm in SW FL but I don't believe they have refarmed here. But either way your phone should work with HSPA in that case.
    Perfect it's for my mom. Since I have AT&T. But I want to get her off that damn MetroPCS phone. She'll be paying the same with international calls. 60 bucks. Just hope it's flat lol
    04-09-2013 08:35 PM
    Perfect it's for my mom. Since I have AT&T. But I want to get her off that damn MetroPCS phone. She'll be paying the same with international calls. 60 bucks. Just hope it's flat lol
    I believe the prepaid version is a flat fee(Or little taxes), but a postpaid account would involve regular taxes. Roughly 12%.
    04-09-2013 08:40 PM
    I believe the prepaid version is a flat fee(Or little taxes), but a postpaid account would involve regular taxes. Roughly 12%.
    Aren't all pretty much prepaid? Lol
    04-09-2013 08:41 PM
    Aren't all pretty much prepaid? Lol
    Nah, difference between prepaid and no contract. The basic plans that require a credit check and will allow you to finance a phone are postpaid accounts.

The prepaid requires no credit check but you pay your bill before you use the service.

Obviously neither require a contract.
    04-09-2013 08:44 PM
    Nah, difference between prepaid and no contract. The basic plans that require a credit check and will allow you to finance a phone are postpaid accounts.

The prepaid requires no credit check but you pay your bill before you use the service.

Obviously neither require a contract.
    Perfect so ill get my own device and put her on the prepaid plan.
    04-09-2013 08:45 PM
    Perfect so ill get my own device and put her on the prepaid plan.
    If you plan on doing the financing and going with T-Mo also....you could save some cash by just putting her on the family plan. $80 a month for the 2 of you and $10 for her data(I'm assuming 2.5GB is enough)so she will only need to pay $50 and tax.
    04-09-2013 08:47 PM
    If you plan on doing the financing and going with T-Mo also....you could save some cash by just putting her on the family plan. $80 a month for the 2 of you and $10 for her data(I'm assuming 2.5GB is enough)so she will only need to pay $50 and tax.
    Explain that again? Lol so two lines with unlimited talk and text and 2.5GB of data is 80 a month?
    04-09-2013 08:48 PM
    Explain that again? Lol so two lines with unlimited talk and text and 2.5GB of data is 80 a month?
    Two lines is $80 that both include unlimited talk, text, and 500mb of data. The extra 2GB of data is $10 more so for her to pay $50...its $80/2 = $40+$10 for her data being $50 a month.
    04-09-2013 08:50 PM
    So lets say I get two lines.
    90 for both with unlimited talk text and 2GB of data.
    Plus 20 of the phone financing?
    04-09-2013 08:52 PM
    So lets say I get two lines.
    90 for both with unlimited talk text and 2GB of data.
    Plus 20 of the phone financing?
    If you want 2.5GB of data it would be an extra $10. So for 2 phones it would be $100+$20 for the phone for a total of $120 plus taxes.(Which a lot or all can be done away with a discount)

Also....the data is unlimited but is slowed. I personally just dropped to the 500mb plan for at least now, the 2G here is certainly fast enough for light browsing and I'm on WiFi a lot. So depending on your Mom's usage....she may not need the 2.5GB.
    04-09-2013 08:54 PM
    If you want 2.5GB of data it would be an extra $10. So for 2 phones it would be $100+$20 for the phone for a total of $120 plus taxes.(Which a lot or all can be done away with a discount)
    I'm a manager of a best buy mobile. (We don't deal with tmobile that much) and won't be selling their new plans. So I know I get 21% off. I'm definitely doing this then. Lol
    04-09-2013 08:56 PM
    I'm a manager of a best buy mobile. (We don't deal with tmobile that much) and won't be selling their new plans. So I know I get 21% off. I'm definitely doing this then. Lol
    Best Buy Internal Doc Says Simple Choice Plans Coming At End Of "Fiscal Year", Classic Plans Still Available | TmoNewsTmoNews

Best Buy may eventually go to the new plans but the BB around me doesn't sell T-Mo. I actually think that they only sell online now. Even the BB Mobile in the mall doesn't have T-Mo so it makes sense it might just be online.

That's a very nice discount though and imo if you care more about phones then you do about service then this is certainly the way to go. T-Mo is a good carrier but there are no doubts they have holes in their coverage. Mine works well here though, in stores penetration is sometimes an issue but just about every store has WiFI so when I get my GS4 the WiFi calling will be a great bonus.

They're also killing it with phone releases. If the Moto X phone does exist, I'm praying it comes to T-Mo also. We'll see though. Reports of the Sony Z being tested as well....idk how well it would do against the One and the S4 but it could be cool if it comes.
    04-09-2013 09:02 PM
    Best Buy Internal Doc Says Simple Choice Plans Coming At End Of "Fiscal Year", Classic Plans Still Available | TmoNewsTmoNews

Best Buy may eventually go to the new plans but the BB around me doesn't sell T-Mo. I actually think that they only sell online now. Even the BB Mobile in the mall doesn't have T-Mo so it makes sense it might just be online.

That's a very nice discount though and imo if you care more about phones then you do about service then this is certainly the way to go. T-Mo is a good carrier but there are no doubts they have holes in their coverage. Mine works well here though, in stores penetration is sometimes an issue but just about every store has WiFI so when I get my GS4 the WiFi calling will be a great bonus.
    I pay 30 for my AT&T line so it would make sense to get this plan for sure
    04-09-2013 09:06 PM

They're also killing it with phone releases. If the Moto X phone does exist, I'm praying it comes to T-Mo also. We'll see though. Reports of the Sony Z being tested as well....idk how well it would do against the One and the S4 but it could be cool if it comes.
    So lets say I get a plan now. Get the iPhone 5 since I own a note 2. And the s4 comes out. Can I hypothetically speaking sell off my Iphone 5 pay off the remainder of the amount and get the s4 for another down payment? And when the note 3 I can sell the s4 and do the same?
    04-09-2013 09:23 PM
    So lets say I get a plan now. Get the iPhone 5 since I own a note 2. And the s4 comes out. Can I hypothetically speaking sell off my Iphone 5 pay off the remainder of the amount and get the s4 for another down payment? And when the note 3 I can sell the s4 and do the same?
    Hypothetically yes, but in reality I don't see much reason to get an iPhone 5 to keep for under 3 weeks.

Then again maybe you are like that idk. But assuming your credit is good enough that they will extend you the ability to finance.(Probably not that rough considering my Mom was able to finance 5 phones and her credit is very meh)then it'll be np to pay it off and get a new one whenever you like.
    04-09-2013 10:13 PM
    What about a person who turns 18 may 2nd will they let me get this plan

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    04-09-2013 10:18 PM
    Hypothetically yes, but in reality I don't see much reason to get an iPhone 5 to keep for under 3 weeks.

Then again maybe you are like that idk. But assuming your credit is good enough that they will extend you the ability to finance.(Probably not that rough considering my Mom was able to finance 5 phones and her credit is very meh)then it'll be np to pay it off and get a new one whenever you like.
    Just ordered 3 iPhone 5s came to about 190 a month plus tax including monthly installments. + my 21% discount. No deposit. And I ordered the iPhone 5 because my parents love their iPhones and I already own a galaxy note 2 on my AT&T line. So I wanted to have both. Each of us should be paying just about 55-60 a month. Can't wait to have unlimited data again lol
    04-09-2013 10:23 PM
    What about a person who turns 18 may 2nd will they let me get this plan

Idk if anyone can rly answer that for you. Sometimes no credit is worse than bad credit. It just depends on how strict T-Mo is. If your parents consider you responsible enough then you might ask them to sign up for you and just pay your bill every month with your CC.

Be responsible with that credit though, comes in handy and some youngsters take that for granted.
    04-09-2013 10:25 PM
    Just ordered 3 iPhone 5s came to about 190 a month plus tax including monthly installments. + my 21% discount. No deposit. And I ordered the iPhone 5 because my parents love their iPhones and I already own a galaxy note 2 on my AT&T line. So I wanted to have both. Each of us should be paying just about 55-60 a month. Can't wait to have unlimited data again lol
    Congrats.....You sir have a bigger addiction than I do.

I was considering grabbing the iPhone since I haven't used one since the 4. But I decided that I'm gonna go with the S4 for now and if the next version blows me away maybe then I'll switch.

Hope you enjoy the service, I have few complaints about mine. But then again the price I pay wipes away all the complaints I do have.
    04-09-2013 10:33 PM
    Congrats.....You sir have a bigger addiction than I do.

I was considering grabbing the iPhone since I haven't used one since the 4. But I decided that I'm gonna go with the S4 for now and if the next version blows me away maybe then I'll switch.

Hope you enjoy the service, I have few complaints about mine. But then again the price I pay wipes away all the complaints I do have.
    Well the fact that I would pay less for two lines than what most people pay for 1 in (Verizon sprint and AT&T) I wouldn't call it such an addiction. Plus I also run another business so it's necessary to have two phones
    04-09-2013 10:35 PM
    Idk if anyone can rly answer that for you. Sometimes no credit is worse than bad credit. It just depends on how strict T-Mo is. If your parents consider you responsible enough then you might ask them to sign up for you and just pay your bill every month with your CC.

Be responsible with that credit though, comes in handy and some youngsters take that for granted.
    I called my local tmobile fellow and he said I could do it but I wonder if I'll have to pay more, I have a good paying job.

04-09-2013 10:41 PM
81 1234