T-Mobile is officially getting the Galaxy S4 on May 1 for $99 Down Payment

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
This is interesting!

Galaxy S4 hits T-Mobile on May 1 for $99 | Android Central

Don't let this get lost in the shuffle this morning, folks. T-Mobile has become the first U.S. operator to give a date to its Galaxy S4. You'll be able to pick up Samsung's latest and greatest May 1 for a $99 "down payment."

The "down payment" thing is new, though it's not all that different from the usual "on contract" qualifier we usually use. You pay a little up front, and you end up paying off the phone over a number of months. It's all part of T-Mobile's new "Simple Choice" plans unveiled this morning in New York City.

The important thing here is that we finally have a hard and firm date on what's sure to be one of the hottest phones of the year. May 1. Mark it, dude.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully Verizon won't be more than a month behind this. My upgrade is already available and I want this phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
So you're really paying 579 for the device. 20 bones a month for 24 months, plus the 99 down payment.

Bend over and grab your ankles.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Nothing. Your comment made it seem like the carriers in the US are trying to trick you.

In many ways TMO is with this new offering, or at least a new twist... without directly telling new customers that they will be paying an extra $20 per month, per phone on top of their "great offer."

I had been a very long time customer of TMO, until I had finally had enough... so I guess if you comment meant to say I don't know TMO, that was also wrong. Not all carriers are currently trying such tricks.

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
That is exactly what TMO is hoping for... confusion = profits/more money for TMO!!!

Its the same thing with other carriers they just don't say it. You get a phone for 199$ ON contract which, once signed, guarantees them the rest of the cost of the phone and more in profit because of the cost of services they offer. At least T-Mobile tells you and its not a two year commitment with a company that turns out to be crap. I personally like the new approach T-Mobile is taking and if you really think the GS4 sells for $99 retail your an *****, sorry.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Its the same thing with other carriers they just don't say it. You get a phone for 199$ ON contract which, once signed, guarantees them the rest of the cost of the phone and more in profit because of the cost of services they offer. At least T-Mobile tells you and its not a two year commitment with a company that turns out to be crap. I personally like the new approach T-Mobile is taking and if you really think the GS4 sells for $99 retail your an *****, sorry.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

True enough... but I don't think anyone has asked if you buy the GS4 for $99, AND are NOT on a contract, but decide to leave after say 6 months... do you really think there is no early termination in some form??? I'm absolutely sure you are going to have to pay the remaining balance on what you owe for the phone... think about it.