I am on T-Mobileright now and since I have to pay full price for the phone I was thinking about getting the korean version. Will I be able to get 4g internet on it? Or is it going to be 2g?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums
    04-29-2013 06:46 PM
    I am on T-Mobileright now and since I have to pay full price for the phone I was thinking about getting the korean version. Will I be able to get 4g internet on it? Or is it going to be 2g?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums
    What do mean the Korean version? If your looking at buying one from Korea I would have to ask why? If your on Tmobile means you should he able to buy from the play store.

If your talking one made in Korea, I thought they all were made in Korea? Could be wrong though.

Anyway the nexus 4 is the nexus 4 no matter were you buy it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    04-29-2013 07:01 PM
    What do mean the Korean version? If your looking at buying one from Korea I would have to ask why? If your on Tmobile means you should he able to buy from the play store.

If your talking one made in Korea, I thought they all were made in Korea? Could be wrong though.

Anyway the nexus 4 is the nexus 4 no matter were you buy it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Nope I believe they make them in China as well. We just haven't seen any in the wild yet. They did it with the s3 as well.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    04-29-2013 07:30 PM
    Those other responses sure got off track quickly...

The Korean model will support LTE (all bands) and GSM. The HSPA+ (3G/4G) modem will probably not support the 1700MHz band that T-Mobile uses, but in "refarmed" markets you may find HSPA+ works anyway. You probably won't get DC-HSPA, but the support you get might be fast enough for you.

There are other threads that already cover this, but if you live in a larger city, I think you'll be mostly covered.
    woska89 likes this.
    04-29-2013 08:00 PM