First thread!!!

Seriously though... anyone else love the T-mobile model the best because of Wifi Calling?
    keyzlife and Seattleite like this.
    05-03-2013 11:22 AM
    First thread!!!

Seriously though... anyone else love the T-mobile model the best because of Wifi Calling?
    Yes. It's great!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    05-04-2013 06:54 AM
    Never used itm always had custom roms on my phone that never supported wifi calling lol. Is the call quality better?

05-13-2013 04:40 AM
    I am new to T-Mobile and the Galaxy series - this is one of my favorite features due to the fact that the cellular connection at both home and work as poor. I am having an intermittent problem with not being able to make or receive calls when going from a wifi zone to cellular and vice versa without rebooting the phone.

At any rate, I did not know this feature was strictly T-Mobile!
    05-20-2013 05:25 PM
    Never used itm always had custom roms on my phone that never supported wifi calling lol. Is the call quality better?

Yes, because I get fairly poor reception at home. Wi-fi calling is a great feature for me.
    pinatiger likes this.
    06-03-2013 11:11 AM
    I've never setup wifi calling,may have to try it.
    06-16-2013 07:04 PM
    I've never setup wifi calling,may have to try it.
    And in addition, my T-Mobile rep said that with wi-fi calling, I can be in Europe, say, and make international calls that don't generate roaming charges!

I am new to T-Mobile and the Galaxy series - this is one of my favorite features due to the fact that the cellular connection at both home and work as poor. I am having an intermittent problem with not being able to make or receive calls when going from a wifi zone to cellular and vice versa without rebooting the phone.

At any rate, I did not know this feature was strictly T-Mobile!
    It is carrier specific---I don't think TM is the only one, but as I understand it, it is not universally supported.

Of course, you could use something like Google Voice or Skype, I suppose.

----Not sure about the rebooting thing. Never had to do that. I have had to adjust wi-fi settings at times or connections. When going from a cell zone to a wi-fi zone, you may have issues if your phone is not set to automatically connect to the network. Since this is a key issue for me only at home, when I walk into my house, it automatically connects to my normal network, no muss, no fuss. But there are times elsewhere when (a) if I want wi-fi calling, I have to manually connect to the available network; or (b) it tries to connect to a weak network that it remembers, thus leaving me without either wi-fi or cell service. I have to manually disconnect and just go to cell.

Neither of those things happen often or are as much trouble as they sound like. The auto connection, as I've set up the phone, is only with "remembered" networks, which usually work just fine. And I use wi-fi calling 99% of the time at home.
    07-13-2013 09:37 AM
    And in addition, my T-Mobile rep said that with wi-fi calling, I can be in Europe, say, and make international calls that don't generate roaming charges!
    I have friends in Afghanistan who use their T-Mobile phones like normal with this feature.
    08-01-2013 02:53 PM
    I have friends in Afghanistan who use their T-Mobile phones like normal with this feature.
    Thanks for confirming that.
    08-01-2013 05:17 PM
    Thanks for confirming that.
    Yeah, I'll be flashing back to stock on my S3 for my next trip to use this feature. Wish I'd known about it when I went to Senegal last year.

nb
    08-02-2013 12:54 PM