I have a prepaid account with T-Mobile USA ($2 per day) for use when I am in the US. I want to get one of the T-Mobile USA Galaxy S4s, because it has all the LTE bands I need for traveling all over the world. I want to get the unlocked version for full price - which is much cheaper than what this costs in Europe. But according to the person I spoke to at T-Mobile, they wont sell the S4 to a prepaid customer. Does anyone know how to get one of these without a contract?
    05-08-2013 02:31 PM
    I have a prepaid account with T-Mobile USA ($2 per day) for use when I am in the US. I want to get one of the T-Mobile USA Galaxy S4s, because it has all the LTE bands I need for traveling all over the world. I want to get the unlocked version for full price - which is much cheaper than what this costs in Europe. But according to the person I spoke to at T-Mobile, they wont sell the S4 to a prepaid customer. Does anyone know how to get one of these without a contract?
    I am working on getting a Samsung Galaxy S4 factory unlocked, then bring it to T Mobile(I like their plans),and get the simm. Simple as that...Tmobile is selling the 16gb version for $639, I see a vendor that are selling the Factory Unlocked version for $772.(16gb) However, I am waiting for the 32gb.

It seems if you want to get from under the wrath of the carriers, one has to pay something extra.. However, IMO, the factory unlocked version most likely will be valued more that the carrier versions, in addition, hold their value longer too. Just my opinion, and I am a newbie.
    05-08-2013 02:51 PM
    I also have the $2 per day for T-Mo

What I did was purchased the phone outright for $630 on T-mobile website with a new line.

When I got the phone I called up and canceled the new line right away and kept the phone.

Very easy.
    jesuswasacrab likes this.
    05-09-2013 08:51 AM

What I did was purchased the phone outright for $630 on T-mobile website with a new line.

When I got the phone I called up and canceled the new line right away and kept the phone.

Very easy.
    Is your phone unlocked? I heard that they may require you to have a contract for a minimum length of time before they will unlock the phone.
    05-11-2013 01:47 AM
    From what I am reading with T-Mobiles new unlock policy is you must pay phone off in full and you must be on a Simple choice plan for at least 40 days before they will unlock your phone.

T-Mobile Customers Upset About New Unlocking Policy Start Petition To "Enact Common Sense Unlock Policy" | TmoNewsTmoNews
    05-11-2013 04:47 PM

Very easy.
    so by paying the entire phone up front, there are no early contract termination fees?

as in, the only money you gave tmobile was the phone cost, when you ordered the phone?
    nothing else?
    06-13-2013 12:49 AM
    Yes that is correct

As soon as I got the phone I called, canceled the line, and that was it.

Only money was for the phone.
    06-14-2013 10:16 AM