Question regarding S4 32gb

irishonion

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Was just wondering if anyone knows how long it took for T mobile to start selling the 32gb option of the GS3? This is in S4 because I'm waiting for the S4 32gb, just trying to get an idea of how long it takes them to release, (if release it at all) too wait.

I'm under the impression they would sell it after the 16Gb have slowed down a bit, just trying to get a time frame, thanks!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Was just wondering if anyone knows how long it took for T mobile to start selling the 32gb option of the GS3? This is in S4 because I'm waiting for the S4 32gb, just trying to get an idea of how long it takes them to release, (if release it at all) too wait.

I'm under the impression they would sell it after the 16Gb have slowed down a bit, just trying to get a time frame, thanks!

On T-Mobile the 16 and 32 were released at the same time. Everyone was holding out for a 64 version that never happened.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
On T-Mobile the 16 and 32 were released at the same time. Everyone was holding out for a 64 version that never happened.

Don't think you are correct on that. I know the 16gb S4 is available on line from T Mobile, but no 32gb. When I saw your message, I called T mobile and they said they do not know when the 32gb is coming. IMO, it should be within the next 2 weeks. My wife sprung for the 16gb S4. From reading this forum the 32gb or 64gb is the one to get. Since I am smarter then my wife, I am holding out for the 32gb Version.

Hest88

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Hm, interesting. Was planning on picking up one tomorrow. Now I"m wondering if I should wait and hope they release the 32gb soon.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Don't think you are correct on that. I know the 16gb S4 is available on line from T Mobile, but no 32gb. When I saw your message, I called T mobile and they said they do not know when the 32gb is coming. IMO, it should be within the next 2 weeks. My wife sprung for the 16gb S4. From reading this forum the 32gb or 64gb is the one to get. Since I am smarter then my wife, I am holding out for the 32gb Version.

Sorry I was responding to the question about how long it was on the GS3.

irishonion

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Oh bummer, so that means can't count on anything from T-Mobile then. Thanks for the info on that.

That vague answer they gave us about the 32Gb is so irritating, hopefully they listen to its customers and get in 32Gb. Don't want to have to "settle" for something less.

madkoda12

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Let me know what they said! Wish they would just come out with a "No" at least so I could have some closure.

EXACTLY! lol they don't say no like verizon has said just that there is no information right now which is the only thing that's keeping me waiting.

irishonion

May 5, 2013
Visit site
EXACTLY! lol they don't say no like verizon has said just that there is no information right now which is the only thing that's keeping me waiting.

I'm trying to be patient, but with my old phone the Galaxy vibrant, its harder and harder to wait. I wait any longer and I'll just wait until Note 3 lol, only problem is Samsung does not learn from any mistakes and will probably release it with 16Gb...

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I just made another call to T Mobile. I see that have start showing the black mist on their website. For a while it was only the white. Anyway, I asked them about the 32gb release date again, and again, the rep wanted to tell me to just add an SD card. I hate that, I am a 2 or 3 month old newbie, what I know about these phones I have learned reading this forum. Even I know, you can't install apps on the sd card, how come the reps don't know that? Anyway, I like the T mobile plan, so I am going to patiently wait another 2 weeks.. My wife is smoking with the 16 gb white one, and I just got a class 10 16gb sd card for her, and she is tickled pink.. I figured if I get the 32 gb one, its value and use will be longer.. I am betting on two weeks, no later than 3 weeks. Hopefully they will release the 32 and the 64 at the same time...

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I wanted a 32gb...after listening to comments here and at T-Mobile, I wasn't sure there would ever be one, let alone soon. So I bit on the 16gb.
As I've said elsewhere, I think it's ok. I'm an experienced user with lots of apps. I reinstalled 2 years worth of stuff, plus things I hadn't had room for before. And I still have about 7 gigs free internally.

Now, to be sure, the T-Mobile response of "use the card," isn't very satisfying. The card is not as big a solution as one might think, because the new version of Android doesn't allow you to move apps to the card. Some apps may automatically install there if large, but most apps go right to main memory on the device. Most of my card is media storage--ebooks and MP3s as a result. Another problem that still would have made me buy a 32gb if there was one---there is no universal "clear cache" command that I see any more either. I downloaded an app called History Eraser Pro simply because it contains that feature. I don't really much need it at the moment, but if it ever were to get tight for space, that would be very convenient.

On the space saving side of the ledger, while you can't uninstall Samsung's native apps or included apps that I don't use like ChatOn completely, you can still reduce them to factory state rather than letting them update. The update versions always seem much larger. So I "uninstalled" ChatOn and Chrome, for instance.

Still, the end of the story is this: I have a mature setup. It has everything I've thought of for over 2 years. I won't be needing a lot more, I presume. And I still have about 7 gigs free. That seems reasonably safe for the practical life of the phone as long as I use the card for things like MP3s, videos and the like....and needless to say, with so much headroom, I've been rather extravagant. If I had to, I could certainly live without some stuff I am carrying at the moment. But 2 years of computing has gotten me to a point where I'm using less than 2.5 gigs of space for apps and their content, including some very large ebooks that Kindle seems to like on the main device rather than the card. Nearly seven more gigs still free seems like reasonable headroom for the foreseeable future as long as you put that media content like MP3s on the card.

I just made another call to T Mobile. I see that have start showing the black mist on their website. For a while it was only the white. Anyway, I asked them about the 32gb release date again, and again, the rep wanted to tell me to just add an SD card. I hate that, I am a 2 or 3 month old newbie, what I know about these phones I have learned reading this forum. Even I know, you can't install apps on the sd card, how come the reps don't know that? ...

Well, in fairness, this is a relatively recent change. They should know, even if the phone and JB 4.1.2 is fairly recent. But it used to be standard practice. I can understand why they're confused. I certainly was after using another device with a different system for a couple of years.

Last edited:

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Well, in fairness, this is a relatively recent change. They should know, even if the phone and JB 4.1.2 is fairly recent. But it used to be standard practice. I can understand why they're confused. I certainly was after using another device with a different system for a couple of years.

The old man is still holding out. :) My wife has the 16gb, and I got her a class 10 sd card 16gb,and she is tickled pink. Even let me use the S4 while I sat in the car waiting for her to finish shopping.. :) I am not even a gamer, but from reading the 32 gb would hold its value longer, and when the big apps do come, I will have enough room..Sheesh, they might even come out with a "massaging app", that takes up 5 gbs.. :)

Believe me, the temptation is there for me to go pick up the black mist 16gb.. But, I am resisting.. ;)

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
The old man is still holding out. :) My wife has the 16gb, and I got her a class 10 sd card 16gb,and she is tickled pink. Even let me use the S4 while I sat in the car waiting for her to finish shopping.. :) I am not even a gamer, but from reading the 32 gb would hold its value longer, and when the big apps do come, I will have enough room..Sheesh, they might even come out with a "massaging app", that takes up 5 gbs.. :)

Believe me, the temptation is there for me to go pick up the black mist 16gb.. But, I am resisting.. ;)

I have a 64gb card. ;)

Realistically, by the time this is a problem, I figure I'll be wanting a new phone anyway. It's not like I'm going to keep this for 5 years. Tech is changing fast in this field.

Of amount of space I've used on the phone, actual apps are only 1.8 gigs. Some media content that the software seems to prefer on the device, I leave there---that takes another half gig. I've also been extravagant enough to install 140 meg apps like the Paris Travel Guide from Trip Advisor with all the photo updates; the 88 meg extra French voice for the S-Translate app, and so on, since I have so much space. At the moment I can't really think of anything else I want.

I was really, really nervous about the decision to bite on the 16gb, but my old phone only had 1gb and it was time to upgrade. I don't regret the decision. I'm still not sure that t-mobile will EVER provide a 32gb, let alone soon. Therein lies the problem.

If a 5 gb app comes out that doesn't install to a card, shame on them. :)

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I finally got through to Samsung, 800 726 7864. After about 3 tries (pulling eye teeth to get a live person)I got an agent. I told them that since they advertised the Galaxy S4 in three memory configs, 16,32, and 64, when the h*ll are you going to release the 32 and 64 configurations??? I told them ATT has the 32, but I don't like their plan, I am waiting for T-Moble. I know I want a 32, I might even swing for a 64.. I told them all the store reps and Samsung reps tell me to get a SD card to make up for the memory. I told the rep, I am a "dummy" but even I know you can't put apps on the SD card. PLEASE tell me when you are going to release the 32 and 64 models??? I added that you DID ADVERTISE the S4 in 16, 32, and 64, what gives. The rep put me on hold and came back, and told me that they don't have a release date for the 32 and the 64.. That is pure marketing bullchit!! July the 3rd will be the last day for my wait. If a company wants to screw its customers that way, even though I consider the S4 the best phone out there at this time, I will pass..

Thanks for letting me vent!! :)

user311

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
You do realize the actual carriers need to order the memory config for samsung to sell it to them right? iirc s3 32gb sales sucked so carriers may be reluctant to order higher memory configs

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
You do realize the actual carriers need to order the memory config for samsung to sell it to them right? iirc s3 32gb sales sucked so carriers may be reluctant to order higher memory configs

Evidently most people are not geeks like we are. :cool:

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Looks like TMobiles customers just gave up on wanting,asking and pleading for a 32gb Galaxy S4..It has been almost two months since I returned my 16gb S4, suspended my TMobile account, and decided to wait for the 32gb.. I might have to jump ship.. I dunno...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34