[Problem] Navigation Voice Cutout while using Bluetooth / Music

Dave Hollander

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Was wondering if anyone (else) has encountered any problems with this...

When I am (simultaneously):
1) Charging
2) Connected to my car stereo via Bluetooth (Subaru Outback '13)
3) Playing music (using default GS4 music widget)
4) Navigating w/ Google Navigation

The Google Navigation voice cuts out half way through giving the direction.
"In 250 feet, turn right onto" ... ... ... ... nothing
It's really horrible. :(
Kinda makes me envy my bro's HTC One (but not really).

Update:
Winamp doesn't interrupt nav, but I lose BT controls on steering wheel.
AVia doesn't either and keeps BT control functionality.
Both, however, crash at random...
They think the music is still playing but no audio is on.

All of this is resolved by using Aux instead of BT.
Leads me to believe it is BT related.
Can anyone else confirm this?
(So I know if mine is defective or if this is product-wide bug)

Thanks,
Dave

Last edited:

Brandon Rivadeneira

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. My Bluetooth in my 2013 Honda civic doesn't work with maps and music as it did before. Now the first half of the navigation directions is cut out. Works fine with aux cable, and the problem just started today. I've had my phone for two months now and never had this problem before.

davelikes3

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I have experienced the same problem with voice of navigator's first 3 seconds of directions cut off when music playing bluetooth to my Pioneer X6500BT car stereo., and mail and text notifications are cut off as well. The music is stored on external sd card. This combination worked well with my S2, but with the S4, it's been bad since day 1. I called Sprint, they originally said it was a hardware prob with the phone, and after I duplicated the problem for the tech, he said it must be the stereo (of course). Pioneer says it's probably the phone's bluetooth version, but could not tell me what version the stereo was using... 3 he thinks. I tried several players, folder player, play music, android music, winamp, and music player free. Then I tried with Sky.fm as source, and it worked properly. Samsung was no help, as they also said 'its the stereo' , but I want MY music!! This problem has existed over the 4.3 upgrade too... so C'mon guys, what's going on? I really dont want to have to buy a new stereo every time I upgrade the phone. Does anyone know what version Bluetooth the S4 is using? Has anyone identified the source of the problem?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel