How is your indoor Tmobile GS4 coverage?

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Has anybody noticed that they get better indoor and/or building penetration reception with their Tmobile Galaxy S4 than with a prior Tmobile phone?

Kroaker

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I can't speak for other T-Mobile phones, but I've been very happy with my indoor coverage. I switched to T-Mobile from Verizon for this phone, and was very worried about this coming in. No longer.

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I can't speak for other T-Mobile phones, but I've been very happy with my indoor coverage. I switched to T-Mobile from Verizon for this phone, and was very worried about this coming in. No longer.

Are you one of the lucky ones and live in one of Tmobile's LTE market, or are you getting HSPA+? The reason why I am asking is that I've heard that LTE gets much better building penetration than HSPA+, and I am a bit surprised that you have no complaints since Verizon is well known for having outstanding indoor coverage and Tmobile no so great. I wonder if the S4 is the reason why you get such good indoor coverage, or if maybe you have LTE. I can't get Tmoible coverage with my Nexus 4 inside my condo (or just barely get spotty Edge if I stand next to the window), but once I step outside I get 4 bars HSPA+ all throughout the city, until I go indoors somewhere, then I lose my signal or get Edge if I'm lucky. I wondering if my N4 has a poor antenna, or if Tmobile just doesn't have good building penetration. I'd be interested in the GS4 if I could get it with Tmobile and get good data speeds at my home.

Kroaker

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Fraid I'm not lucky enough to live in one of the LTE markets. I am in Austin, which is a pretty heavily penetrated HSPA+ market.

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
As long as you have wifi indoors you don't need to worry about coverage :D tmobile wifi calling lol.

But I have noticed much better coverage. My iphone 5 on tmobile wouldn't get a strong signal. For example I stream iheartradio a lot and there were areas of my commute where I knew the iphone 5 would drop the streaming and start buffering, my s4 doesn't. I also have a t-mobile tower right next to my job and I've ran several speed tests between the two and my s4 is significantly faster. I think the modem inside it is more powerful for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

chrscaley

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I live in Kansas City and get lte service. I rarely get all bars but in my house I usually get two bars. And at work I get 3 out of 4 bars. So I'd say I'm happy with the reception of this phone.

Sent from my Tmobile galaxy s4

Last edited:

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I live in Kansas City and get lte service. I rarely get all bars but in my house I usually get two bars. And at work I get 3 out of 4 bars. So I'd say I'm happy with the reception of this phone.

Sent from my Tmobile galaxy s4

How fast are your LTE speeds? My area doesn't have it yet and I was just curious on average what are you getting for download and upload?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

ryjb

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I have had a number of phones with Tmobile in my house and the S4 is on the top of that list for reception, besides a Nokia I used a while back. I had the S3 and I would have -80'sdb's now I am getting low -70's. Works great for me!

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Are you one of the lucky ones and live in one of Tmobile's LTE market, or are you getting HSPA+? The reason why I am asking is that I've heard that LTE gets much better building penetration than HSPA+, and I am a bit surprised that you have no complaints since Verizon is well known for having outstanding indoor coverage and Tmobile no so great. I wonder if the S4 is the reason why you get such good indoor coverage, or if maybe you have LTE. I can't get Tmoible coverage with my Nexus 4 inside my condo (or just barely get spotty Edge if I stand next to the window), but once I step outside I get 4 bars HSPA+ all throughout the city, until I go indoors somewhere, then I lose my signal or get Edge if I'm lucky. I wondering if my N4 has a poor antenna, or if Tmobile just doesn't have good building penetration. I'd be interested in the GS4 if I could get it with Tmobile and get good data speeds at my home.
I live in an are that is going to be LTE sometime in June but not yet. I am tempted to say that it is phone in this case. I had an HTC Sensetion and the One S with same company T-Mobile and I always had a hard time indoor, the I switched to the Galaxy S3 and the coverage changed for the better and now I have the S4 and for me is even better. I imagine with LTE it will be even better.

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I am tempted to say that it is phone in this case.

Always hard to know for sure since there are so many different factors at any given time, but I am glad to hear that you've had a good experience with the S3 and even better with the S4.

jollyball

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I live in an area with LTE, but I am rarely connected to it. At home I'm on edge most of the time. When I am connected to LTE it is fast and it seems to perform well inside.

Posted via Android Central App

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Awful. SOmetimes LTE works. Sometimes not.
Sometimes call quality is good. Often not.

I always default to wi-fi calling.

chrscaley

May 27, 2013
Visit site
e8e6yjyv.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

chrscaley

May 27, 2013
Visit site
It says Caldwell ks but I'm in Kansas City, MO. Near world's of fun if you know where that is.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Haven't noticed improvement at work but WiFi calling works wonders....signal at work is poor, indoor coverage is none existent

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

I heard that the reason Verizon's LTE is so good indoors is becuase of the frequency. VZW's LTE operates on the 700Mhz band. From my understanding, the lower the MHz the farther the signal travels and the penetration through solid objects, such as walls is much better.

On the subject, I have both the HTC One and S4. Both phones perform better inside than my prevoius phones inlcuding the N4. I think it's a combination of being newer improved phones and Tmobile's improved netowok. I get better signals in places were I didn't before.

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I heard that the reason Verizon's LTE is so good indoors is becuase of the frequency. VZW's LTE operates on the 700Mhz band. From my understanding, the lower the MHz the farther the signal travels and the penetration through solid objects, such as walls is much better.

On the subject, I have both the HTC One and S4. Both phones perform better inside than my prevoius phones inlcuding the N4. I think it's a combination of being newer improved phones and Tmobile's improved netowok. I get better signals in places were I didn't before.

You're partially right. The lower the frequency the better it penetrates, but it does not give the most distance. In my area (south florida) at&t LTE is far better though. It is fully covered and the Verizon drops a lot to 3G

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid