Galaxy S4 OverHeating after some use...

Moatasim Naveed

May 26, 2013
Visit site
so its been 3 days since i got my galaxy s4... but already i am feeling that the device is overheating after some usage. it heats up more after browsing... i checked the temperature, it is about 37C after browsing. but rises up even more after playing a game to about 47C which is a LOT....
what can i do to fix it.or is it a physical fault? or can samsung fix it via software updates..

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
so its been 3 days since i got my galaxy s4... but already i am feeling that the device is overheating after some usage. it heats up more after browsing... i checked the temperature, it is about 37C after browsing. but rises up even more after playing a game to about 47C which is a LOT....
what can i do to fix it.or is it a physical fault? or can samsung fix it via software updates..

This appears to be normal--many have commented upon it.

Mine gets warm at various times--something going on in the background no doubt, like updating or scans.

It doesn't last too long or seem to get too hot. But it does sometimes run warmer than I would like, and I'm always wary of heat in computers. Components (and SD cards) don't like heat. Add a case...it might get pretty warm.

I guess time will tell whether this is an issue.

SCGooner

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I've had mine about 2 weeks. Took on a business trip to southern California and very glad I did. The car had an accident and I was on one phone until the battery died (Pantech work phone) And switched to the GS4, which seemed to go on forever. It did get warm, but I think that's the battery discharge, as the concentration of heat seemed localised to the back of the phone, toward the center, where the battery is.

Had a real test of this phone on the trip and liked it quite a lot. Google maps works rather poorly in some instances and I need to find how a few other things work, but the phone is here to stay.

SAM02135

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I've owned my S4 for about 3 weeks now. Took videos for about an hour .. the phone got real hot .. I left it alone for a while and it cooled right back. Some future issues?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781