so its been 3 days since i got my galaxy s4... but already i am feeling that the device is overheating after some usage. it heats up more after browsing... i checked the temperature, it is about 37C after browsing. but rises up even more after playing a game to about 47C which is a LOT....
    what can i do to fix it.or is it a physical fault? or can samsung fix it via software updates..
    05-26-2013 12:01 AM
    They all get hot! Lots of power getting generated in these new smartphones!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
    05-26-2013 12:04 AM
    so its been 3 days since i got my galaxy s4... but already i am feeling that the device is overheating after some usage. it heats up more after browsing... i checked the temperature, it is about 37C after browsing. but rises up even more after playing a game to about 47C which is a LOT....
    what can i do to fix it.or is it a physical fault? or can samsung fix it via software updates..
    This appears to be normal--many have commented upon it.

Mine gets warm at various times--something going on in the background no doubt, like updating or scans.

It doesn't last too long or seem to get too hot. But it does sometimes run warmer than I would like, and I'm always wary of heat in computers. Components (and SD cards) don't like heat. Add a case...it might get pretty warm.

I guess time will tell whether this is an issue.
    06-03-2013 09:48 AM
    Pretty normal. I keep my brightness low and underclock when I can

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    06-12-2013 12:11 PM
    I've had mine about 2 weeks. Took on a business trip to southern California and very glad I did. The car had an accident and I was on one phone until the battery died (Pantech work phone) And switched to the GS4, which seemed to go on forever. It did get warm, but I think that's the battery discharge, as the concentration of heat seemed localised to the back of the phone, toward the center, where the battery is.

Had a real test of this phone on the trip and liked it quite a lot. Google maps works rather poorly in some instances and I need to find how a few other things work, but the phone is here to stay.
    06-16-2013 03:59 PM
    I've owned my S4 for about 3 weeks now. Took videos for about an hour .. the phone got real hot .. I left it alone for a while and it cooled right back. Some future issues?
    07-09-2013 01:01 AM