Verizon S4 work on T-Mobile???

luohan

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if the Verizon Samsung S4 will work on T-Mobile? I have the Verizon version and looking to use it on T-Mobile prepaid $30 option. Do I just buy the T-Mobile sim card? Will voice/sms/LTE data work? TIA

Sarah_Kirschbaum

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if the Verizon Samsung S4 will work on T-Mobile? I have the Verizon version and looking to use it on T-Mobile prepaid $30 option. Do I just buy the T-Mobile sim card? Will voice/sms/LTE data work? TIA

T-Mobile's own website frequently sells the prepaid SIM cards for free or 99 cents. (regular and micro SIM)

I use them in my Verizon Galaxy Note 2 with no issues. No root needed. Should be the same for the S4.

pinatiger

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile is a GSM network so only compatible with AT&T. Not ESN like Sprint and Verizon

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Orical

May 1, 2011
Visit site
T-Mobile's own website frequently sells the prepaid SIM cards for free or 99 cents. (regular and micro SIM)

I use them in my Verizon Galaxy Note 2 with no issues. No root needed. Should be the same for the S4.

I'm not sure if that's exactly true, aside from the GSM standard meaning Att and Tmobile are GSM networks so they work on each others but Sprint and Verizon are closer in hardware.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Tmo and att are gsm networks. Verizon, sprint, u.s. cellular are cdma networks. Different radios in the handset. This will not work.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

mistergreentree

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
the Note 2 and S4 actually havd both radios so they will work with T-Mobile. They are global ready phones. You will need to go into settings and switch the service from cdma to global for it to work.

derichio02

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
the Note 2 and S4 actually havd both radios so they will work with T-Mobile. They are global ready phones. You will need to go into settings and switch the service from cdma to global for it to work.

This is correct. But keep in mind that unless you are in a refarmed tmobile1900mhz area you will only receive edge. The Verizon phones do not have the AWS 1700 band required for T-Mobile HSDPA. Also the LTE AWS band in the vzw S4 is not enabled so more than likely no LTE either. Calls and SMS will be fine

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile is a GSM network so only compatible with AT&T. Not ESN like Sprint and Verizon

Tmo and att are gsm networks. Verizon, sprint, u.s. cellular are cdma networks. Different radios in the handset. This will not work.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

Very incorrect. People need to read before giving others advice on a forum sometimes... This is dated information.

The S4 and HTC One are both world phones. The CDMA version of the phone (Verizon and Sprint) have the GSM radios inside so they can work on AT&T or T-Mobile but only if they are unlocked. I do know from personal experience Sprint will not unlock for domestic carriers (AT&T / T-Mobile) but will for international carriers.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke