S4 battery life

mwmw

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
How is the battery life on the Galaxy s4? I have a Galaxy 2 and the batteries only last 4-5 hrs and I usually go thru 3-4 a day. I was thinking about upgrading to the s4 but wanted to check into this first. Also do they use the same batteries as the s2?

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
The Galaxy S4 uses a 2600mAh battery while the Galaxy SII has a 1650mAh battery (1850mAh battery with a built-in NFC antenna if you have the T-Mobile Galaxy SII), so no the two devices use batteries with different amounts of power which basically kills any chance of being able to swap batteries between both, assuming there was even a chance in the first place.

As for the battery life on the S4......//with my experience using the international variant of the S4, it lasts pretty much 2 days for me with light use and about an entire day with moderate to heavy usage. Of course, the YMMV rule still applies.

JoyXiao

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
properly not.
on amazon, I have seen the Onite battery for Galaxy s2 is 2200mah
but Galaxy s4 is 2600mah, also 3600mah with a back cover is avilable

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
properly not.
on amazon, I have seen the Onite battery for Galaxy s2 is 2200mah
but Galaxy s4 is 2600mah, also 3600mah with a back cover is avilable

I was merely referencing the stock OEM batteries that both phones come with, not the higher capacity aftermarket ones available.

F0REVERY0UNG-

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
My battery lasts for about 9 hours of constant use, and it's takes about 2 hours to recharge.
I'm more than pleased with the battery life of this device.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using AC Forums mobile app

Gkins3

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I would agree with the above post and I am probably a heavier-than-normal user. I get about 10 hours out of a full charge before I think about plugging it in. The wall charger will give it a full charge in less than 2 hours and in 30 minutes on the Samsung car charger, I increase the battery by 15%. I am extremely impressed by the battery, especially coming from my HTC Amaze that gave me 3 hours.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I have found the S4 battery to be about 10 hours or a full day's use. However, I found a easy fix and/or backup. I purchased two S4 batteries + charger for $21 off Amazon.. I always carry a fully charged spare battery with me along with the charger. Only had to swap out once, that was when I was viewing movies..IMO, that is one of the S4 main selling points, a swappable battery!!

BTW, this are not higher capacity ones, these are 2600Mah and same form factor as the OEM battery.

Wriscolf

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
With just texting and calling, meaning, mobile internet off, bluetooth off, pretty much everything off, i can get more than 24 hours of usage. That is with playing games and listening to music. Also power saving mode helps extremely.

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
It seems like 2-4 hours of screen time over a 16 hour day seems to be in the normal range for me, depending on what I have turned on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol