"Sync experiencing problems" for gmail 3 WEEKS

Guy Josserand

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
"Sync is currently experiencing problems, it will be back shortly."
This has been appearing for three weeks (since 7/19/2013)

I have tried all of the steps in this video: How to Enable Gmail Sync on the Samsung Galaxy S4 - YouTube

When I click on accounts, and then google, It has a red circular symbol that says "Sync error" under my e-mail address.

I can't send e-mail or receive e-mail from google. My aol account seems to be working just fine.

I looked in certificates, and there wasn't any clicked or unclicked for google or gmail or anything that looked like google or gmail.

Help?

Guy Josserand

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I have more information now. So I removed my google account from "settings" and from "google" areas of the phone...

So there's no more account linked.

I tried to re-link the google account and when I entered my email and password, I got this message:

"Couldn't sign in
---
Can't establish a reliable connection to the server.
This could be a temporary problem or your android device may not be provisioned for data services. If it continues, call Customer Care."

yech22

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Incorrect password is probably your problem.

Verify password on Gmail.com from computer

Re-enter your gmail password onto the device. Make sure you get it right.

If that doesn't work factory reset and setup your gmail in the out of box experience.

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Actually, if it's having issues connecting and logging in, this might be a server issue and wrong ports are being used for Gmail. Here are the proper ports, hopefully this helps: Gmail SMTP server address: smtp.gmail.com
Gmail SMTP user name: Your full Gmail address (e.g. example@gmail.com)
Gmail SMTP password: Your Gmail password
Gmail SMTP port: 465
Gmail SMTP TLS/SSL required: yes

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37