To return or not return an emoji-less S4

BluZPhi1

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I have been looking all over the net and some forums for this answer to see if I can view emojis. I have installed numerous keyboards and plug-ins to no avail. I still see boxes. I had no problem with my S2 once I updated it to 4.1 but I just got this phone Sunday and I'm already thinking about returning it. So, would it be best to just keep my S2 before I sell it or is there something I am missing? I tried to contact Samsung to no avail as well and I don't want a phone (unless I go Apple) that doesn't do even basic :) or :(.

Thanks!

vito032

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Are you talking about in text messages? Or in other apps? If it's just it text try go sms pro. I use it all the time and love it. I text people with I phones and they all how I'm seeing and sending emoji on my phone

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Kind of extreme wanting to downgrade just for emojis! :confused::eek:
Lol :D

Anyway, you do what you gotta do!

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

Dan29466

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I know this is an old post, but I get this question about once a week when people see my S4. Just install Textra from the Play store and set it as your default text/SMS client.

Dan

Tyndall

May 17, 2010
Visit site
NOt sure what the deal here is, my S4 does emojii in SMS, just tap the menu button and "Insert Smiley" and there they are?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
NOt sure what the deal here is, my S4 does emojii in SMS, just tap the menu button and "Insert Smiley" and there they are?

Because you're responding to a thread that was started in September so.. Things have changed :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.