I don't know how long this has been going on but I just noticed it today. If I click on an email link that's in an email in my gmail app, it doesn't work. The S4 freezes for a few seconds, the I get the message, "Unfortunately, the android system has stopped."

Any idea what could cause this, and how I might fix it?

Sent from Tapatalk.
    10-09-2013 08:32 PM
    You could try clearing the cache - I've seen that fix weird issues in Gmail before.

Settings, More, Application Manager. Find Gmail in the list and select. Use the Clear Cache button. Restart the phone (may be overkill, but helps make sure gmail resets). Try again.

If it's still happening, you can try going to the same place and selecting Uninstall Updates - that takes you back to the stock version that came with the phone. Then restart, and download the latest update from the Play Store.
    ubizmo and Bilko424 like this.
    10-10-2013 10:58 AM
    You could try clearing the cache - I've seen that fix weird issues in Gmail before.

Settings, More, Application Manager. Find Gmail in the list and select. Use the Clear Cache button. Restart the phone (may be overkill, but helps make sure gmail resets). Try again.

If it's still happening, you can try going to the same place and selecting Uninstall Updates - that takes you back to the stock version that came with the phone. Then restart, and download the latest update from the Play Store.
    Clearing the cache didn't work, but uninstalling the updates did fix the problem. Downloading and installing the latest update broke it again, so the problem appears to be in the update.

Thanks for the help.
    10-10-2013 11:37 AM
    This seems to be an issue with the Updated Gmail app. My Note 3 does the same thing. However, clicking email links elsewhere outside of GMail App work fine, and ask for stock email or Gmail to be used t send the message. Hopefully Google fixes this bug.
    10-14-2013 11:33 AM