Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 not working properly

Jaydub14

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I don't know if I am on the right thread but my Samsung Galaxy S4 has stopped playing all media files (like the speaker is broken and videos feeze), youtube doesnt plaly video's (can search for videos but cannot play them as the screen freezes when play is pressed), phone calls can be made but the screen goes black and I cannot hear the person I am calling and they cannot hear me, even when receiving calls (which I cannot answer due to the screen going black and freezing). Also alarm clock apps freeze and it doesnt sound my alarm. The haptic feedback also doesnt work but the phone randomy vibrates.

I can still browse the internet, text and use everything that isnt phone call, media or an alarm app.

I have tried rebooting, pulling battery out, restoring a TWRP recovery and factory reseting and the problem still persists.

My Samsung S4 I9505 is rooted and has custom Rom Omega V12 ZHUDMI1with a custom kernel AbyssS4 v1.6.0 to see if that would solve the problem but still no luck.

Any help to solving this problem would be greatly apriciated.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the forums! :thumbup::cool:

I never seen those problems together in the same device so unfortunately I can't help you, but hopefully someone in this great community will come to the rescue.

Good luck! :thumbup:

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

Andreas Nielsen

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello

I have just the same problem as you!

Did you find a fix?

I tried to install a Pure Google Rom on my i9505. Everything went well except I couldn't use my dialer. So I tried to install another ROM with no sucess. Now I am back on stock firmware and it still does not work.

Any one have a clue?

I've tried to Restore to factory numerous times and wipe dalvik... No luck. Same god damn problem no matter what...Everything else works just fine: LTE, GSM, 3G, SMS, Apps and so on. It is only the phone/dialer that does not work. Really annoying!

tkruijer

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I don't know if I am on the right thread but my Samsung Galaxy S4 has stopped playing all media files (like the speaker is broken and videos feeze), youtube doesnt plaly video's (can search for videos but cannot play them as the screen freezes when play is pressed), phone calls can be made but the screen goes black and I cannot hear the person I am calling and they cannot hear me, even when receiving calls (which I cannot answer due to the screen going black and freezing). Also alarm clock apps freeze and it doesnt sound my alarm. The haptic feedback also doesnt work but the phone randomy vibrates.

I can still browse the internet, text and use everything that isnt phone call, media or an alarm app.

I have tried rebooting, pulling battery out, restoring a TWRP recovery and factory reseting and the problem still persists.

My Samsung S4 I9505 is rooted and has custom Rom Omega V12 ZHUDMI1with a custom kernel AbyssS4 v1.6.0 to see if that would solve the problem but still no luck.

Any help to solving this problem would be greatly apriciated.

I have had the same problems. No sound, can't play any media, and the dialer freezes. I tried differenr roms, even the stockrom through Odin. I have flashed Roms for years, but I have never seen this kind of ****. Did anyone find a solution?!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech