Worth Rooting T-mobile Samsung Galaxy S4?

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I've never rooted before but it doesn't seem hard. I've considered the risks and the pros of doing it. Main thing I worry about is the warranty as I know that goes out the window. Unless it has physical damage or gets lost? Anyway, I wanted to hear from other users that have rooted and/or put new mods on it. Is it worth it? I'd like to get the most I can out of this expensive phone ;)

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I personally root every phone I get my hands on......lol

I like being able to get updates quicker :)

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Are the chances of bricking the phone high? I have no doubt I can do it. I don't think it takes the most tech savvy person, I just like to do research on things I've never done before :)

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
It can definitely happen. I've bricked devices in the past and I just took it as a lesson learned. What I do is read and watch as many videos as I can so I know what to expect :)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If you follow a guide you'll be fine.. Just don't skip a step. That can cause a brick.. My friend did that and thought 1 or 2 of the steps weren't needed... Till he bricked it lol.

My Note 3 is rooted :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Central n ohios best

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
If u can use motochopper or any other one click root method. I used motochopper to root and it only took about 3 minutes total if that long.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2 (Central n Ohio Austin IL)

Central n ohios best

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Oh yeah and don't worry bout voiding anything. Both the T-Mobile and Sprint stores I go to both know I root every phone I get. I even swap different ROM and kernal choices with the tech staff.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2 (Central n Ohio Austin IL)

sdmark

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Check out cf auto root in the xda original dev section... Literally takes 30 seconds and definitely worth it

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463