A few days ago I got a message on my phone saying that the MicroSD card was unexpectedly unmounted. I looked at the storage, down to SD card and it had not even read/recognized it. I removed it and put it back in but to no avail. I even turned the phone off, restarted the phone etc. I also used a USB Card reader which also did not recognize/read the card- same with an microsd card adapter. Is it completely lost? If so I also tired a recovery program called ZAR which found (what I think) my sd card and tried to read it but I got a message saying that there were no files so it was either badly damaged or misconfigured. Help would be GREATLY appreciated.
    11-30-2013 02:30 PM
    Welcome to the forums!

This is so very common with the S4 and a big part of the reason I no longer have one. There's something about the phone that eats mSD cards. Overvolting, undervolting the mSD? By chance, do you have a Sandisk Ultra mSD card? The S4 loves to snack on those...rendering them nothing more than lifeless silicon.
    11-30-2013 03:25 PM
    Welcome to the forums!

This is so very common with the S4 and a big part of the reason I no longer have one. There's something about the phone that eats mSD cards. Overvolting, undervolting the mSD? By chance, do you have a Sandisk Ultra mSD card? The S4 loves to snack on those...rendering them nothing more than lifeless silicon.
    Wow. Good to know. I am just in the process of looking for an SD card for my wife's S4 and my Note 2.

Any recommendations?
    12-01-2013 12:50 PM
    The 40MB/s PNY cards have worked pretty well for me.

N7
    12-01-2013 01:44 PM