I have bought a used working galaxy s4 and I tried my sim card and it says "No SIM Card". I put it in another phone and it works, I haven't got my reply yet from the seller but when he does I will see what he says. Does anybody know what is causing this and how to fix this?
    12-20-2013 08:13 PM
    Based only on the information you've given, here's my guess.

Your SIM works in another device, so we can assume for the moment that the SIM itself is fine. That leaves your GS4. You said it's used. I'm going to assume that the SIM card slot/reader in the GS4 is defective or damage, which is why the seller was selling it -- hoping to dish it off on someone else and be rid of the problem.

So, now you're stuck with it... I'm guessing you'll have to send the device in for repair.

Buyer beware. If you're going to buy a used device, always meet in person (preferably at a carrier's store so you can verify the device works properly and isn't stolen). I would never buy a used device online unless I knew for sure I had some sort of buyer protection if something like this happened.

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble. I hope it's a simple solution and not indeed a defective/damaged device.
    eltexmexalex likes this.
    12-22-2013 12:05 PM
    +1. Their is always that chance of getting a bad device. If it was purchased through eBay and it was clearly not listed by the seller that the device is defective you ma be able to apply for eBay's buyer protection.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
    12-22-2013 12:34 PM
    i have read your post and i have an s4 so i looked at the sim card reader to see what could be the problem and the only thing that i think it could be is the sim contacts are dirty or one is broken off.I cannot see an easy way to get to the contacts so you may have to send it for repair. I had a brand new blackberry and i used an adaptor to use my micro sim in it and i was taking it out and pulled one of the contacts off and presto my brand new bb was a paper weight. So good luck, you may have to replace the sim card reader.
    eltexmexalex likes this.
    12-26-2013 10:29 AM
    take a very v ery very fine grit sand paper and go over the contacts on the SIM card side.. very very very lightly.. you just want to see a fogged up gold all going in one general direction..

insert sim... remove..

check where new scratches are.. this will tell you if you have any points of contact missing that you could perhaps just get a conductive paint.. like a silver marker foil type deal. and build up a layer.
    STARGATE likes this.
    12-27-2013 12:28 AM
    take a very v ery very fine grit sand paper and go over the contacts on the SIM card side.. very very very lightly.. you just want to see a fogged up gold all going in one general direction..

insert sim... remove..

check where new scratches are.. this will tell you if you have any points of contact missing that you could perhaps just get a conductive paint.. like a silver marker foil type deal. and build up a layer.
    That's something I did for my friend's Galaxy S3 on T-Mobile about a month ago, and it worked!

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    12-27-2013 01:28 AM
    Based only on the information you've given, here's my guess.

Your SIM works in another device, so we can assume for the moment that the SIM itself is fine. That leaves your GS4. You said it's used. I'm going to assume that the SIM card slot/reader in the GS4 is defective or damage, which is why the seller was selling it -- hoping to dish it off on someone else and be rid of the problem.

So, now you're stuck with it... I'm guessing you'll have to send the device in for repair.

Buyer beware. If you're going to buy a used device, always meet in person (preferably at a carrier's store so you can verify the device works properly and isn't stolen). I would never buy a used device online unless I knew for sure I had some sort of buyer protection if something like this happened.

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble. I hope it's a simple solution and not indeed a defective/damaged device.
    Thanks for the info, but I think I had physically damaged it but I couldn't tell if I did though. Seller did repair it for free and it works now, he has 100.0% feedback no doubt he would have fixed it. Also I figured out that some people were looking at my YouTube.
    01-23-2014 09:02 AM
    I started having this issue past few days, progressively got worse and reset more often each day, went to my providers kiosk, got a new sim card and its perfect again

Oh wait...Nevermind...worked for about 5 hours and now im in the same boat with a new 10$ sim card in it....wtf ._.

I use my phone alot, play alot of games, have spare batteries.....I guess maybe I could have used it too much and maybe cooked it...but whats the point in having a smart phone if u dont use it =/
    03-29-2014 07:35 PM