10-01-2016 07:23 AM
32 12
tools
    @ Almeuit. Did sprint unlock your phone and you tryed a diff sim? Did you still get an error message/sim invalid? Also did you try the service menu to see if it was picking up the network? -But you were limited status?

Posted via Android Central App
    02-06-2014 08:48 AM
    @ Almeuit. Did sprint unlock your phone and you tryed a diff sim? Did you still get an error message/sim invalid? Also did you try the service menu to see if it was picking up the network? -But you were limited status?

Yeah.. Nothing worked. Any SIM that wasn't Sprint gave the SIM locked error even after they pushed the PRL to unlock. My understanding was they only allow it for international carriers.. Which I thought was dumb since I paid full price for the phone.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    02-06-2014 10:13 AM
    Oh and I know it can work on AT&T or T-Mobile.. It couldn't work internationally if it couldn't.. Since international carriers and AT&T / T-Mobile are all GSM.

It's just the phone wouldn't work with those SIM cards for T-Mobile and such.. At least not by the International teams unlock push. As I said I'm sure I could of done more but just decided to pay ETF and head for T-Mobile.

02-06-2014 10:15 AM
    @Almeuit. See if you got an error when the tmo or art sim was in then your phone wasn't unlocked. They can't do a half unlock. but they can put a temp type file that relocks the phone after 30 or so days. Sprint first unlock sent to My s4 always gave me an error opon boot and when switching to gsm but still worked.(unable to download try again later) Till it stopped called sprint and they told me that they have problems with the unlock tool not fully sending the info over. Now they have to types of unlocks you can say that you will just use sprint international sim that is a prl update and a new sim. I can flash my prl to whatever I want does not effect unlock. But did the update pushed to your htc PRL 55014 that is for international. I'm on 55017 and even use a Verizon 60001 one at times for no 4g area. I think sprint wasn't being straight with you about it. I called them a lot lol.

STARGATE likes this.
    02-06-2014 03:28 PM
    Ah okay. Well since they didn't do it right they lost me. Sucks for them I guess :P.

STARGATE likes this.
    02-07-2014 10:07 AM
    Ah okay. Well since they didn't do it right they lost me. Sucks for them I guess :P.

That's right! 😆

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    02-07-2014 12:16 PM
    Nope did it with uicc unlock I'll make a youtube video and post a link. In next comment

No this is the funny thing. If you watch youtube videos of the problems you will soon run out of english ones and come upone the Spanish ones. They share their secrets instead of try and make a scam out of it so you don't have to work or try to soak up all the profits themselves. One guy on youtube sends a folder with other peoples work and then when you give him your fourty bucks and it fails he makes you pay to osend it in and he simply gets ride of the SIM chip holder from the Sprint version and puts on an unlocked version. It's a hardware lock. Just watch. this stuff will not be taped on for long. you wanna mod past the up coming models learn to solder now.
    10-01-2016 07:23 AM
32 12