Galaxy S4: I want to turn my VZW into a T-Mobile..

BBTree

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
So far -

-rooted/rooted
-Boots NO VZW ANIMATION - ONLY SOUND
-T-Mobile Displayed on Lock Screen & Main Menu drop down.
-APN fast.t-mobile.com;Server wap.voicestream.com;MMSC http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc;MMS Port 8080;APN Protocal IPv4
-Deleted Setup Vs 1.0 to remove the Invalid Verizon SIM

Of course im SafeStrapped,. Just wondering if anyone here has done the same?>

Last edited by a moderator:

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: I want to turn my VZW into a Tmobile..

So far -

-rooted/rooted
-Boots NO VZW ANIMATION - ONLY SOUND
-T-Mobile Displayed on Lock Screen & Main Menu drop down.
-APN fast.t-mobile.com;Server wap.voicestream.com;MMSC http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc;MMS Port 8080;APN Protocal IPv4
-Deleted Setup Vs 1.0 to remove the Invalid Verizon SIM

Of course im SafeStrapped,. Just wondering if anyone here has done the same?>

I read somewhere that the Galaxy S4 had some options to enable GSM and WCDMA bands, although I may be wrong. Have you checked for that?

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

Sorry because I don't know about it, I'm posting to subscribe to this thread since I have the Sprint version and am interested in finding out myself.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

It would make sense since the processor has multi band support. I'm sure it's possible.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

BBTree

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site

Well I also did all this
I want to make a one post - root to clone - guide for turning the Verizon into a T-Mobile or ATT phone. I notice a bunch of posts with different methods and I just wanted to share what I have done and get insight on how I can improve my clone.

Root Device - I found a one click program that did it and this site but it has so many ads I am going to paste it
This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there?s any unrooting procedure available.

1. Make sure you?ve appropriate drivers installed on your PC. If you don?t, get the latest drivers from here.
2. You must have a microSD card formatted as exFAT, insert it in your device.
3. Download Root Package (Download Link )
5. Download Terminal Emulator ? QR Code (Google Play Link)
6. Extract the Root Package archive on your Desktop.
7. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
8. Copy all the files you extracted from the Root Package archive over to the root of your microSD card.
9. Once all the files have been copied, unplug your device from your PC.
10. Head over to the Google Play and download and install the Terminal Emulator app on your device.
11. Once the app?s been installed, launch it from your App Drawer.
12. Type in following commands into the app. These commands are case-sensitive.

cd /mnt/extSdCard
./pwn
./script.sh
Here you will see your $ turns into # - You have root.

13. Close the Terminal Emulator app.
14. Launch the SuperSU app and let it update binary files.

Titanium Back-up - Everyone Should have this anyway. (Download link to come)

Cutting your SIM to fit - Guide or pictures to follow

Add your APN Follow The Steps >

1-Open the Settings
2-Select Wireless & Networks
3-Select Mobile Networks
4-Select Access Point Names.
5-Tap the three dots at the bottom right and select New APN

Enter The Following information

Name T-Mobile US
APN fast.t-mobile.com
Server wap.voicestream.com
MMSC http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMS Proxy 216.155.165.50
MCC 310
MNC 260
Authentication type not set
APN Type default
APN protocol IPv4
Bearer Unspecified.

If that does not work, or you want to truly unlock your phone to all GSM SIMS

Enter Phone Menu..

*#27663368378#
[1]UMTS
[2]DEBUG
[6]PHONE CONTROL
[6]NETWORK LOCK
[3]PERSOSHA256 OFF
MENU > BACK 3 TIMES.. [UMTS MAIN MENU]
[6]COMMON
[6]NV REBUILD

If it says GOLDEN-BACKUP exists..

[4]RESTORE BACK-UP

REBOOT

UNLOCKED.

Getting Rid of the Non-Verizon Sim Card - THE MOST DREDDED thing for me. lol. I Used Titanium Back-Up and deleted "Setup Wizard". The second one. Not the one with the Android but the other icon. [pic to come if anyone has a screen shot to add or wait for me].

Getting Rid of the Verizon Boot Animation - Xblast Tools did that for me.

Titanium Tools - Make back ups.. Delete all the VZW crap you don't want or need.

PS I left it as Global not GSM or LTE.

I do get the little H for the Network sign.. that's T-mobiles 4g right? I wouldn't mind if I had an actual T-Mobile Rom.. that would be nice.. Or to truly unlock it so you don't need a program to make "non Verizon SIM" go away.

This is all I can do to make it the most non-Verizon S4 possible. Thanks and I am going to work on other guides and perhaps sink them as sub threads and then repost this as a Guide with links.

Posted via Android Central App

BBTree

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site

It would make sense since the processor has multi band support. I'm sure it's possible.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

What I want to figure out is how to enable in my service menu.. Option 4.. Sim Control.. I was thinking maybe I had to flash a new ROM.

Ps thanks for the help

Erin Heilner

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I read somewhere that the Galaxy S4 had some options to enable GSM and WCDMA bands, although I may be wrong. Have you checked for that?

Your right in the service menu. *#0011# sprint. Hit menu then back. Menu select 2. Then 1. Then go to page 3/4. Select 8 then chose gsm_wcdma.

I would change the release from 99 to 5 and also change the data one from 99 to release 8 hspa+ in service menu.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

Your right in the service menu. *#0011# sprint. Hit menu then back. Menu select 2. Then 1. Then go to page 3/4. Select 8 then chose gsm_wcdma.

I would change the release from 99 to 5 and also change the data one from 99 to release 8 hspa+ in service menu.

Is that to unlock it for service here in the states with AT&T or T-Mobile?

Erin Heilner

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Is that to unlock it for service here in the states with AT&T or T-Mobile?

Im using a sprint s4 with tmobile sim on straight talk. Even with it unlocked without changing the release it wont be vary stabile on gsm/wcdma. Once changed it opens up a lot of gsm options. I did the unlock method above but one step is missing under phone control click 3 nas control then 8 bip block set to 1 then do nv back up and phone will be unlocked.

Edit: sorry left out how to change the release. ##0011# umts debug phone control network control the pick 1 GCF then pick 1. Reboot now all gsm features will be under mobile network. Do note that after putting the phone in full gsm it doesnt always switch back to cdma with out undoing these steps in a order. Also hfa should work with other sims now also.

Last edited:

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

Im using a sprint s4 with tmobile sim on straight talk. Even with it unlocked without changing the release it wont be vary stabile on gsm/wcdma. Once changed it opens up a lot of gsm options. I did the unlock method above but one step is missing under phone control click 3 nas control then 8 bip block set to 1 then do nv back up and phone will be unlocked.

Edit: sorry left out how to change the release. ##0011# umts debug phone control network control the pick 1 GCF then pick 1. Reboot now all gsm features will be under mobile network. Do note that after putting the phone in full gsm it doesnt always switch back to cdma with out undoing these steps in a order. Also hfa should work with other sims now also.

So your phone is with Sprint and you don't need to get it unlocked to work with AT&T or TMo?

I'm asking because with the Photon I could use it in M?xico no problem, but it was locked and could not be used here in the states with AT&T or T-Mobile.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

So your phone is with Sprint and you don't need to get it unlocked to work with AT&T or TMo?

I'm asking because with the Photon I could use it in M?xico no problem, but it was locked and could not be used here in the states with AT&T or T-Mobile.

He can't unless he did it through a 3rd party. Sprint will only unlock for international travel only. Domestic won't work.

It was one of the reasons I left them.. Saying they won't unlock my full price bought phone.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Erin Heilner

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site

He can't unless he did it through a 3rd party. Sprint will only unlock for international travel only. Domestic won't work.

It was one of the reasons I left them.. Saying they won't unlock my full price bought phone.

Nope did it with uicc unlock I'll make a youtube video and post a link. In next comment

Erin Heilner

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site

Im uploading video now 22 min. I didnt add how to input apn in the video. Will add if anyone needs it. But there is ni sound in the video.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Either way.. A 3rd party or yourself. I was basically saying you didn't call Sprint and have it done.

Erin Heilner

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
But I will add sprint did tell me that it would not work on any network other then theres in the us. But they dont know sit about anything.
Also I used tmo and straigt talk all worked and did my friends note 3 with verizon on tmo so I know it works with rhem unlocking it with these steps

Erin Heilner

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site

Link please, the other link doesn't work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNoobYsYL8o

I have 2 videos up. Sorry they are my first videos no stand. If you need help with anything I can try and help send me an email. There is a link in the video check that out to for how to edit apn. Im going to post a nicer more well put together videio with out the little mess ups. And more details.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star