Galaxy S4: I want to turn my VZW into a T-Mobile..

Erin Heilner

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Re: I want to turn my VZW into a Tmobile..

Either way.. A 3rd party or yourself. I was basically saying you didn't call Sprint and have it done.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

UICC unlock is done by sprint international. Sprint phones almost have to be unlocked by them as they do not prompt for code when another sim is in.
Also I have done the unlock this way aswell. Other samsung devises. I called sprint around turkey day said I needed to go to canada see family not even within 24 hours had it unlocked and my phone at this time was 60 days old if that.

Posted via Android Central App

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Are you able to use the phone with Sprint and then with att at will?
Did you have to get it unlock from sprint first?

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

Erin Heilner

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Are you able to use the phone with Sprint and then with att at will?
Did you have to get it unlock from sprint first?

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

Yes UICC unlock is done by sprint via ota. Sprint phones or atleast the s4 doesnt have a way to input an unlock code. So there is no real unlock code. Dont buy one. Either call sprint say you need to leave to canda for a family issue and will be there for maybe a month they will have your phone unlocked with in 48hours say you leave by friday or 3 or 4day heads up if they cant they will put in a ticket and it will get done. The only real limitations are you cant owe them money. Or do a golden back up. But with sprint phones unlock yourself is tricky everyone is leaving out a step.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Maybe for the S4 it was different Erin.

I had the HTC One bought full price for Sprint. If you popped in any SIM it'd let you know it's locked... And calling the international team to unlock it still kept it lock for domestic.

For me it was a last straw and I returned the phone and left Sprint. I probably could of done more to get it done but wanted a new network since my 3g was not very great.

Erin Heilner

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Maybe for the S4 it was different Erin.

I had the HTC One bought full price for Sprint. If you popped in any SIM it'd let you know it's locked... And calling the international team to unlock it still kept it lock for domestic.

For me it was a last straw and I returned the phone and left Sprint. I probably could of done more to get it done but wanted a new network since my 3g was not very great.

Yeah sprints 3g is way outdated. But as for unlocking if the phone has a sim slot and was unlocked. Regardless of what sprint is telling you it can be put on att tmob. There phones are set on release 99 for sim data witch only let's late and international sims. Witch only works on sprint 4g/lte. But if you change the release for 99 to a hspa or hspap then everything just falls together and works great. Don't even need to change the release back to 99 after changed. Sprint either doesn't know or don't want us to know the why/how it "doesn't work domestic".
Switches from CDMA to gsm and back no problems.
Note : I bought my s4 full price 850 and sprint still wouldn't unlock it till I came up with a good story.

Erin Heilner

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
@ Almeuit. Did sprint unlock your phone and you tryed a diff sim? Did you still get an error message/sim invalid? Also did you try the service menu to see if it was picking up the network? -But you were limited status?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
@ Almeuit. Did sprint unlock your phone and you tryed a diff sim? Did you still get an error message/sim invalid? Also did you try the service menu to see if it was picking up the network? -But you were limited status?

Yeah.. Nothing worked. Any SIM that wasn't Sprint gave the SIM locked error even after they pushed the PRL to unlock. My understanding was they only allow it for international carriers.. Which I thought was dumb since I paid full price for the phone.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh and I know it can work on AT&T or T-Mobile.. It couldn't work internationally if it couldn't.. Since international carriers and AT&T / T-Mobile are all GSM.

It's just the phone wouldn't work with those SIM cards for T-Mobile and such.. At least not by the International teams unlock push. As I said I'm sure I could of done more but just decided to pay ETF and head for T-Mobile.

Erin Heilner

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
@Almeuit. See if you got an error when the tmo or art sim was in then your phone wasn't unlocked. They can't do a half unlock. but they can put a temp type file that relocks the phone after 30 or so days. Sprint first unlock sent to My s4 always gave me an error opon boot and when switching to gsm but still worked.(unable to download try again later) Till it stopped called sprint and they told me that they have problems with the unlock tool not fully sending the info over. Now they have to types of unlocks you can say that you will just use sprint international sim that is a prl update and a new sim. I can flash my prl to whatever I want does not effect unlock. But did the update pushed to your htc PRL 55014 that is for international. I'm on 55017 and even use a Verizon 60001 one at times for no 4g area. I think sprint wasn't being straight with you about it. I called them a lot lol.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Ah okay. Well since they didn't do it right they lost me. Sucks for them I guess :p.

micha680

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: I want to turn my VZW into a Tmobile..

Nope did it with uicc unlock I'll make a youtube video and post a link. In next comment

No this is the funny thing. If you watch youtube videos of the problems you will soon run out of english ones and come upone the Spanish ones. They share their secrets instead of try and make a scam out of it so you don't have to work or try to soak up all the profits themselves. One guy on youtube sends a folder with other peoples work and then when you give him your fourty bucks and it fails he makes you pay to osend it in and he simply gets ride of the SIM chip holder from the Sprint version and puts on an unlocked version. It's a hardware lock. Just watch. this stuff will not be taped on for long. you wanna mod past the up coming models learn to solder now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC