New Galaxy S4 Owner & a Question

Lisa Parker1

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone!

I just switched from an iPhone 5 yesterday, and it seems I cannot receive text messages from my friends who still have iPhones. I can only guess that where it is brand new switch that the system might still think it's an iPhone and trying to send them as iMessage. The text goes through on their end, but I never receive anything!

Can you tell me if this will resolve it's self or do I need to do something to correct it? Thanks, still trying to make my way around this new OS!

Lisa

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone!

I just switched from an iPhone 5 yesterday, and it seems I cannot receive text messages from my friends who still have iPhones. I can only guess that where it is brand new switch that the system might still think it's an iPhone and trying to send them as iMessage. The text goes through on their end, but I never receive anything!

Can you tell me if this will resolve it's self or do I need to do something to correct it? Thanks, still trying to make my way around this new OS!

Lisa

Welcome to the forums.
It is an issue with iMessage. I think your number has to be inactivated from Apple in order for everything to work. I think you can do that with Apple themselves or the number might fall off the account if dormant for I think 30 days.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to AC!!

From what' I've read around the forums, you need to unlink your number from iMessages completely.

intoaction66

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Yes and I've heard even then when it's supposed to fix it, it won't. I've heard about people having this problem for a long time. I heard people say they had to tell all of their friends to go into Imessage settings and specify to text your number via sms and not Imessage.

Posted via Android Central App