T-Mobile Galaxy S4: Still waiting for the 4.4.2 OTA

Dark_Vertical

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
AT&T is getting their ota tomorrow Feb. 26th yet. I'm really hoping that we get the update sometime this week...

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

Orlando Hammonds

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Still waiting for the 4.4.2 OTA on T-Mobile

Based upon what I can see from the update on my wife's HTC One, don't expect too much. Very little difference, not worth stressing over.

Orlando Hammonds

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

I am done with getting excited about the updates. They never contain the new features. What a waste of time and money in my opinion.

nra_luke

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site

I don't know if comparing the HTC One to the GS4 is an accurate comparison... The kitkat update brings a lot of improvements to the galaxy.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Orlando Hammonds

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

Much of the information I have seen supports my assumption. AT&T G S4 update did not change much. Most users complain about the loss of access to the SD card, so be prepared.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

I am done with getting excited about the updates. They never contain the new features. What a waste of time and money in my opinion.

There is no law that states you have to receive software updates, but they are given to you for free anyway, I don't see how that's a waste of money

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Orlando Hammonds

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
My point is this, we now pay more than $600 for phones from the carriers and we do not receive value due to the watered down updates. We do not realize the full benefits of major systems updates in terms of new features. Is that clear enough?

masc69

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't want the update! I want to be able to use my SD card.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

wolfman7828

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
If you don't want the update just disable the software updater in the "all" section of applications

Orlando Hammonds

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
That is untrue, software updates become mandatory at a point. You may disable for a while but they will install automatically at a point.

Bishop_99

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Saw the update this morning as well. The file was about 380mb, much smaller than the 4.3 update download.

Huge improvements were made on my S4 when it upgraded from 4.2.2 to 4.3, so I didn't expect the KitKat update to improve performance so much because there wasn't much to improve in performance. But, accessing the app manager and closing apps is a bit faster, ram usage has gone down quite a bit. It fixed a bug that was on my 4.3 update. Every time I would open the cam app, the transition animation would reset to 1x, I always leave it at zero. It also fixed the wifi issue, it seemed to be a bit unstable on 4.3 or I would just get faulty wifi error messages. No apps deleted on this update or anything. I'm liking the new white icons, keyboard, and the cam unlock screen. The benchmark on Antutu dropped because Samsung removed the code to run all cores. While the benchmark dropped a little bit on Geekbench, it scored much higher on KitKat than on 4.2.2.

Overall I'm very happy with this update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12