02-09-2015 02:28 AM
112 ... 2345
tools
    I did that, the icon is still there. The only way to remove the icon is if you have a lock on the screen then it disappears. But once again it should be an option not just automatically there.
    03-26-2014 06:28 AM
    I'm seeing now on my S4 with T-Mobile that the update's available and I'm just as happy not to. My phone is perfect. Why screw it up?

I don't see anything in this update that's essential. I'll wait for the next one, by which time I'm probably on a new phone.

----> But does anyone know if T-mobile will push it without notice?
    03-26-2014 07:34 AM
    Nitpicky? Hmmm, I guess I along with hundreds of others complaining about the battery drain and the very fact there is a bug thread that Google admits there is a problem with it escapes you because your battery is running just fine. Sorry, didn't mean to complain as I didn't receive the memo that the android system and all components were based upon your experience, my apologies. In the future I'll keep what is happening to myself until you complain about such as apparently it all revolves around you.

I'm glad you like the white icons, however you'll notice there are others in this world and if you read threads you'll find many others like myself who do not and prefer the colors as it is easier on some peoples eyes. But once again I made the mistake and didn't know your opinion is the only one that matters.

Nobody said anything about NSA, but actually taking the time to read along with reading comprehension I was talking about selling your info off to advertisers. So before being snarky in the future it might help if you're actually on point.

As a linux user for my box, I like the fact I can customize my stuff the way I want, once again has nothing to do with you or what you want. I also expect when an update comes out and is pushed out it is ready for primetime in particular from a major company such as Google. If you know there are flaws do not push it out, it's actually a very simple concept.

No actually it will not grow on me, hope after reading this post you'll mature a bit.
    Wow. You need to relax. Apparently, I can't disagree with someone's opinion.

As far as battery goes, my battery life is great. I am aware of the Kit Kat issue, but I haven't seen it affect my phone. If you knew there was a battery issue, which had been identified well before the S4 got its Kit Kat update, you should have stayed on 4.3 and avoided it altogether.

And you obviously missed the point of my NSA comment. What I was saying is that all companies sell your information, not just Google. So if you want your info to not be sold, maybe you should try to decrease your presence online.

Samsung, Google and T-Mobile tested the update and deemed it ready for "primetime". So your anger should be directed at all three companies.

I apologize if my response was offensive to you. That was not my intention.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app
    03-26-2014 11:03 AM
    It is the symbol for NFC. If you go to Settings, in the Connections or Networks area you will see the NFC with an on or off switch next to it.
    03-28-2014 11:33 AM
    I have aS4 in the Atlanta area and I am having the same issue. Doesn't matter if I am using Google Navigator or Scout. GAS navigation has become unusable after the Kit Kat update.

Posted via Android Central App
    03-30-2014 09:26 PM
    I have aS4 in the Atlanta area and I am having the same issue. Doesn't matter if I am using Google Navigator or Scout. GAS navigation has become unusable after the Kit Kat update.

Very frustrating situation for me here in the Twin Cities. GPS was perfect with 4.3 and now with even 11 satellites fix out of 24 visible, it doesn't lock under 10 minutes. Today I tested it next to my old Motorola Photon 4G and it took just 5 secs for the Moto to lock and be ready for navigation with just 7 satellites.

I have followed all the directions regarding resetting a-gps and downloading new data but it didn't make an iota of difference. It's a Kitkat issue and nothing to do with S4 hardware. Hope T-Mobile gives us a patch to fix this and other problems.
    03-30-2014 09:55 PM
    Hello everyone, I just updated my Samsung Galaxy S4 for KitKat 4.4.2 and found out that my WiFi option can not be tuned on. I tried factory reset, to take out of the phone the battery, nothing resolved the issue. Also I noticed that I was not able to make any changes to the screen lock optin. It only shows two option; pin and password, but not swap, pattern, or face unlock. I really ask you guys: help me please to resolve this issue.
    Thank you very much!!!
    03-31-2014 12:14 AM
    Since KK I've been having a rather strange problem. I had the Yahoo Weather widget on my home screen and it disappeared after the update. And now I apparently cannot place a weather or clock widget on my home screen. No error message, just doesn't appear. I've tried this now with Yahoo Weather, Weather Bug, TWC and DashClock.
    04-02-2014 06:09 PM
    Since KK I've been having a rather strange problem. I had the Yahoo Weather widget on my home screen and it disappeared after the update. And now I apparently cannot place a weather or clock widget on my home screen. No error message, just doesn't appear. I've tried this now with Yahoo Weather, Weather Bug, TWC and DashClock.
    I have some widgets too--Resizeable Cal Widget and HD widgets for other things like Weather. All of the latter (hd widgets) were fine, but the Cal widget completely disappeared, including from the app drawer. I had to reinstall the Cal widget.. Once reinstalled--not just replaced from the app drawer but completely reinstalled from Play Store---it came right back with all old settings restored, too.
    04-02-2014 06:14 PM
    I have some widgets too--Resizeable Cal Widget and HD widgets for other things like Weather. All of the latter (hd widgets) were fine, but the Cal widget completely disappeared, including from the app drawer. I had to reinstall the Cal widget.. Once reinstalled--not just replaced from the app drawer but completely reinstalled from Play Store---it came right back with all old settings restored, too.
    @dwneylonsr have you tried to restart your phone? I have heard that fixed the issue for some people on this thread.

I just installed the update..Kind of funky how the screen doesn't move up to reveal the camera below (like the iPhone does) I would never know until the phone unlocks that I opened the camera app. Just a weird bug.

As far as the colors go, I love them. I prefer dark backgrounds (favorite color is black) so the white doesn't bother me but I can see how it could bother some people but no one likes change apparently. iPhone gets iOS7 with all of those color changes and I've read people's anger on those colors (I don't like them b/c they are too neon for me) then they come out with 7.1 with darker colors and that helped a bit...
    Maybe in the future Google will come out with darker colors...more grey-ish white and darker greys and such. Just a thought. Nothing we can control though so no need to get mad about it...especially when it was reported before they even released the update to the google version of the S4 or released the Nexus 5. Those angry people could have avoided it but they don't want to hear that.

I charged up my battery during the update (it needed to be charged anyway) and just finished installing and charging 16 minutes ago and it's gone down 3%...the only thing causing it is the screen cause it has been on for 10 of those 16 minutes. I don't see a bad battery drain but I'll have to wait.
    I'm glad this update came out because it does seem like my service is better. I actually just got my S4 replaced because of the data service. I would have no service whatsoever (couldn't even make calls) and my mom's S3 would have 4GLTE and they would be sitting right next to each other. I hope this fixes the issue. I'm tired of these issues I've been having and if it doesn't get fixed I'm leaving Android for iOS because I just want a phone that works like it is supposed to and Android isn't reliable...I don't even see the Nexus 5 being reliable like that. Idk what it is about Android but it just doesn't seem as reliable as iOS/Apple. Maybe it's cause apple has stores and whatnot? Again, not sure.

Anyway, back to the update, didn't have to do a restart on my phone as all of my apps are working fine and everything. Can't test the GPS yet because I don't have any use for it plus it is very cloudy where I am at. Overall, glad I finally got it.

P.S. I've been dying for this update just so I can say I have KitKat. My favorite version of Android because it is my favorite candy as well. Stupid I know but, hey, it's a free update, who cares?! Lol
    04-06-2014 02:33 PM
    Im having issues with gps and thats about it.
    My gps would pick up in a about a min and now it takes 3 to to 4 or sometime it just wont. Anyone else have this issue

04-06-2014 06:58 PM
    In Denver, GPS is slow as well... is there discussion anywhere else about this issue? Is a fix being discussed?

Im having issues with gps and thats about it.
    My gps would pick up in a about a min and now it takes 3 to to 4 or sometime it just wont. Anyone else have this issue

04-08-2014 06:42 AM
    After update, my emails are not synchronising and working..
    Secondly it shows wrong temperature, firstly I don't have to update the temp setting BT now it's troubling
    Please help me out in this regard.
    Thanks
    04-09-2014 02:07 PM
    Idk about that but it's a pain in the *** because I use gps almost all the time

04-10-2014 01:02 AM
    After a few days I've noticed one issue. One of my games doesn't recognize the microphone anymore...

Oh & the keyboard (use the google keyboard mostly) lags A LOT. I can continue typing and after about 5 seconds it catches up and continues anything I type but it is annoying.

Other than that, all of the rest of the phone seems to work fine. Again, haven't been able to test the GPS yet.
    04-10-2014 03:03 PM
    @dwneylonsr have you tried to restart your phone? I have heard that fixed the issue for some people on this thread.
    Yes, I've restarted numerous times. Uninstalled and re-installed the apps. The widget just refuses to be created. I did find one called "Weather and Clock Widget" that works, but it's not great looking. Is there any error log I can look at that might give me more information?
    04-11-2014 05:11 PM
    Finally getting ready to update someone's T-Mobile GS4 from 4.2.2 to 4.4.2. Software update says this:

The phone is only rooted via CF-Auto-Root. All I did after rooting was try and install a system notes app from an LG phone, with no success. Should updating via Kies result in a clean update? Would hate for it to install the update only for everything to get wiped or the phone not boot up anymore at all.
    04-11-2014 11:11 PM
    Finally getting ready to update someone's T-Mobile GS4 from 4.2.2 to 4.4.2. Software update says this:
    http://i.imgur.com/MEqCdWw.png

The phone is only rooted via CF-Auto-Root. All I did after rooting was try and install a system notes app from an LG phone, with no success. Should updating via Kies result in a clean update? Would hate for it to install the update only for everything to get wiped or the phone not boot up anymore at all.
    You need to unroot first and then you should be able to update.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    04-12-2014 10:18 PM
    You need to unroot first and then you should be able to update.

Thanks. I don't care about having a root anymore anyway. SuperSU should be able to unroot non-destructively?
    04-12-2014 10:24 PM
    Thanks. I don't care about having a root anymore anyway. SuperSU should be able to unroot non-destructively?
    Yes

04-12-2014 10:25 PM
    Yes, I've restarted numerous times. Uninstalled and re-installed the apps. The widget just refuses to be created. I did find one called "Weather and Clock Widget" that works, but it's not great looking. Is there any error log I can look at that might give me more information?
    I'm not sure...sorry! Try factory resetting and see if that helps.

04-12-2014 10:26 PM
    Yes

With my luck, it'll probably cause the phone to burst into flames. Here goes nothing.
    04-12-2014 10:32 PM
    Yes

Did the full unroot option. Still says that the phone has been modified.
    04-12-2014 10:36 PM
    Since the update my phone has been very slow... especially when swyping during a text. I've also noticed other issues such as the phone not unlocking after pressing the home buttone, trying to swype it open (no passcode) it freezes for about 10-20 seconds before finally getting to the home screen. what is going on?!?!?! I'm about to throw my phone thru a wall! I don't want to do a factory reset on it and I know if I call tech support that's what they're going to tell me to do.

any suggestions?
    04-15-2014 10:07 AM
    I know what you mean my phone does that to

04-15-2014 06:16 PM
112 ... 2345