T-Mobile Galaxy S4: Official KitKat 4.4.2 Update Discussion Thread

hamr1

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: T-Mobile Galaxy S4 : Official KitKat 4.4.2 Update Discussion Thread

Downloaded OTA, update installed took 75 minutes. The camera icon is handy, opens with a swipe upward. White icons as stated, Some apps were missing after update and needed to re-download. I found Air view didn't work well in JB, Samsung support said it would with new update, this is false. It works hit or miss just as before. Seems a little smoother.

Fabian F

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I updated to kit Kat on my t-mobile gs4. However, I do not see the camera app on the lock screen. Are we suppose to have google now launcher? In addition, the hide app feature is gone.

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I updated to kit Kat on my t-mobile gs4. However, I do not see the camera app on the lock screen. Are we suppose to have google now launcher? In addition, the hide app feature is gone.

The camera shortcut should be there.
No to the GN Launcher, and yes to the hide app option

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Burner2K0

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site

Make sure you're using the latest version of Kies.
Can't update over the air?

Using the latest Kies 3. Can't get OTA because device status is custom even though I've tried rooting and unrooting and removing root files. I did use Kies to update to 4.3 so idk what's up.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

intoaction66

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

How is it that the s4 gets tap to pay from Google wallet but the note 3 didn't get it

Oh really? The Google tap to pay setting is in the settings menu? I'm downloading the update now so I haven't used it yet. Just checking to see if anyone is reporting any glaring issues.

Tyndall

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Apparently this update is pretty stable.....I don't see a lot of teeth gnashing and pitchforks and torches in the field.......so I am going to go ahead and download it.

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Apparently this update is pretty stable.....I don't see a lot of teeth gnashing and pitchforks and torches in the field.......so I am going to go ahead and download it.

Do it! No bugs really...SD works fine...signal is significantly better than before and there aren't any major changes to cause issues.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

besweeet

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Do it! No bugs really...SD works fine...signal is significantly better than before and there aren't any major changes to cause issues.

Is the signal indicator merely showing a higher signal, or is the raw signal strength in decibels higher? Bars are one thing, but real signal strength is another.

Rirruto

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
When playing music (I've tested Rocket Player, Pandora, and the stock Music app) the album art will fill your whole lockscreen with larger skip and play buttons.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-11-10-10-06.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-11-10-10-06.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 26

Rirruto

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

How is it that the s4 gets tap to pay from Google wallet but the note 3 didn't get it

Taken from comments section here Android 4.4 update for Samsung Galaxy S4, Note 3, likely to cause microSD problems
The Note 3 and GS4 use different NFC chips. The Note 3 uses NXP chips while the GS4 uses Broadcom. Right now, host card emulation (the proper name for Android's "tap and pay" functionality) is only supported on Broadcom chips. Sprint's Galaxy Note 3 works with Google Wallet, but that's because it has a different NXP chip than other Note 3 variants. The Sprint version has a secure element onboard, thus eliminating the need for host card emulation altogether.

lyun17

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I like the new music lock screen however my exchange email won't sync now. It keeps saying "Master sync is turned off" even though sync is checked in the mail settings. Frustrating situation.

Rirruto

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I like the new music lock screen however my exchange email won't sync now. It keeps saying "Master sync is turned off" even though sync is checked in the mail settings. Frustrating situation.
Make sure you have Sync turned on in your power toggles (area in notification screen where you can turn on/off wifi, bluetooth, etc.)

lyun17

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Make sure you have Sync turned on in your power toggles (area in notification screen where you can turn on/off wifi, bluetooth, etc.)

Thanks for help, it worked. I always had it off before though and I usually just pressed refresh in the email app to get it to work. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC