Dropping Data and Texts

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
When I'm not on WiFi, my G4 has been more and more frequently dropping data - it shows 4G, but no data arrows sending and receiving and I cannot connect with anything. Sometimes it fixes itself, sometimes I have to restart. And, perhaps related - I don't know - my texts are screwed up. Sometimes I'll receive some hours late, sometimes the recipient receives them late and in batches. Both are very annoying, and the texting issue could end me up in trouble with people thinking I'm ignoring them or me thinking they're ignoring me. The text issue - as far as I know - has only been with Verizon iPhone customers, though it could just be that that's who I text with most.

Both of these issues are becoming more and more frequent and just started within the last several weeks. TM customer service didn't have any ideas (big surprise). Hoping some one here does.

Thanks

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Did you used to have an iPhone?

I only ask because I remember reading about people having issues with SMS after they switched to Android from iPhones. It had something to do with iMessages. As far as the data is concerned, have you tried putting your phone in and out of airplane mode? That might just be a temp fix but I would think T-Mobile would be able to see if there was a problem.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Maybe there's something wrong with the phone's antennae and that's why your having data/SMS issues or it's something on T-Mobile's end in your area.

I have T-Mobile as well and don't have any issues with either data or SMS. Maybe take the phone into the store so someone can see what's going on?