From Cyanogenmod 11 4.4.4 to 4.3 Jellybean? How?

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Hey all. First time posting here, so apologies if I make any mistakes and whatnot. I'll try to provide as much detail as I can!

Before, my Samsung Galaxy S4 (T-Mobile) was a 4.3 Jellybean, and using CWM I managed to get Cyanogenmod 11, which gave my phone 4.4.4 KitKat.

However, I find that I am not liking KitKat as much as I thought I would, and I would like to return from Cyanogenmod 11 4.4.4 KitKat to Stock 4.3 Jellybean. Is there any way for me to downgrade and remove Cyanogenmod as well, and stay with stock 4.3 Jellybean? I have no qualms about losing any data whatsoever (the data on my phone is of no importance, really) and I just want to get back to 4.3 Jellybean.

Thanks in advance, The Naughtyman :-$

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hey all. First time posting here, so apologies if I make any mistakes and whatnot. I'll try to provide as much detail as I can!

Before, my Samsung Galaxy S4 (T-Mobile) was a 4.3 Jellybean, and using CWM I managed to get Cyanogenmod 11, which gave my phone 4.4.4 KitKat.

However, I find that I am not liking KitKat as much as I thought I would, and I would like to return from Cyanogenmod 11 4.4.4 KitKat to Stock 4.3 Jellybean. Is there any way for me to downgrade and remove Cyanogenmod as well, and stay with stock 4.3 Jellybean? I have no qualms about losing any data whatsoever (the data on my phone is of no importance, really) and I just want to get back to 4.3 Jellybean.

Thanks in advance, The Naughtyman :-$
Since you are rooted you can find a stock 4.3 ROM, for your model S4, and flash it. That'll get you back to stock, rooted 4.3 without having to Odin back to stock 4.3. Be sure to backup your current ROM just in case you need to restore it at a later date.

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Since you are rooted you can find a stock 4.3 ROM, for your model S4, and flash it. That'll get you back to stock, rooted 4.3 without having to Odin back to stock 4.3. Be sure to backup your current ROM just in case you need to restore it at a later date.

It's good to know that I do not need Odin to get back to stock 4.3.

However, I seem to be unable to find a stock 4.3 rom for T-Mobile... searching for "Samsung Galaxy S4 4.3 Stock Rom" does not give me anything except for 4.2.2 or 4.4.2 for T-Mobile.

Continuing my search results doesn't seem to be very fruitful... what else can I do?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
It's good to know that I do not need Odin to get back to stock 4.3.

However, I seem to be unable to find a stock 4.3 rom for T-Mobile... searching for "Samsung Galaxy S4 4.3 Stock Rom" does not give me anything except for 4.2.2 or 4.4.2 for T-Mobile.

Continuing my search results doesn't seem to be very fruitful... what else can I do?
Have you checked XDA? Often times you'll find a repository with various links to download ROMs. That'll be your best bet - otherwise, you may need to Odin back to 4.3 and lose root.

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Have you checked XDA? Often times you'll find a repository with various links to download ROMs. That'll be your best bet - otherwise, you may need to Odin back to 4.3 and lose root.

You mean Odin back to stock 4.3 and lose root access? That's another thing I don't mind, really. After all, I can just re-root, right?

I can't seem to find a whole lot in the way of a flashable stock 4.3 rom on XDA, how would I go about using Odin to get back to 4.3? And thank you very much for your assistance thus far :)

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
You mean Odin back to stock 4.3 and lose root access? That's another thing I don't mind, really. After all, I can just re-root, right?

I can't seem to find a whole lot in the way of a flashable stock 4.3 rom on XDA, how would I go about using Odin to get back to 4.3? And thank you very much for your assistance thus far :)
You'll need to find the stock package. XDA will be your source for that as well - hopefully someone has it still hosted somewhere for you to grab. Take a look through the General Forum for your device. There should be a repository or resource thread.

good luck!

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
You're welcome :) Let us know how everything goes.

I managed to find a repository and then I used Odin to flash the stock rom back onto my device! Putting root back on and getting everything back to where it used to be was child's play from there. Thanks again for your help! My device is back to normal and I am happy once more ^-^

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante